Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forum Rules

MarkF Guest

Post Forum Rules

I hope this will be clear as I couldn't understand part of what I posted before.

The rules of this forum are simple: follow the rules to which you agreed by becoming a member and no other rules will be necessary.

Please sign your posts with your full name.
    Profanity will not be tolerated.
    Blatant commercial advertising is not allowed.
    Treat your fellow E-Budo members with respect.

The rule emphasized above is one most abused. It is very simple. Each post must be signed with a full, true name (this means your own) containing a first name and last name or first initial and last name. If you use your name as your handle the post is considered to be signed. To make your signature appear as your default signature, please click the "User CP" button at the top right of the page, check out your options and prefs as you can set it up from there. That is the easiest way to make sure your posts are signed. Of course, you may continue to sign manually each post, but I recommend use of the signature box.

The other rules will also be enforced equally, but I also do not expect any problems in these areas. I consider the judo forum to be one of the "Good Budo Forums" so there is little problem here. Occasionally a troll will appear, but otherwise this forum is usually very well self-moderated so I do not expect any problems.

Any subject which has to do with Judo in any way is permissible, as is going off topic now and then. That happens in the best of threads so as long as the rules of the main forum are followed, I have no problem with this, either. If a subject does take off on its own within a thread, I will either give the subject its own thread, split the thread, or merge two similar threads into one thread, if they are basically the same in nature.

Think before you post. Does the subject belong here? An example is a thread about injuries. There is another forum called Budo and the Body for discussion of injury/illnesses. If it is specifically judo related, it is fine, I'll leave it alone. All posts which are better off in the B&B forum will be moved there with a redirect from this forum so everyone will be able to reach it through a link to that thread.

That's it. Sign your post, make it applicable to judo in some manner (BJJ is an example of acceptable subjects), and follow the four rules of E-budo and there won't be any problems.

Thanks for reading this message. I rewrote it mainly because a member took the time to write me about an error[s] in my original post, and I thank him for that.

Just have some fun here.

Mark
    Last edited by MarkF; 21st May 2004 at 04:27.