Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: SANTA CLAUS - An Engineer's Perspective...

Moko Guest

Default So, um Bruce.

If I go to Barnegat, and I ask someone "Who's Santa Clause?", will they reply "Bruce"
    And if I ask them "Who is the Easter Bunny?", will they reply also be Bruce.
    If I ask who is the village idiot, I'm sure the reply will be the same.

bruceb Guest

Default Stuck in an alternate reality ....

Originally posted by Moko
    If I go to Barnegat, and I ask someone "Who's Santa Clause?", will they reply "Bruce"
    And if I ask them "Who is the Easter Bunny?", will they reply also be Bruce.
    If I ask who is the village idiot, I'm sure the reply will be the same.
    No ... Robert .... you have but to look in the mirror and ask the fella who is there.

Is that mirror image the village idiot .... yep.

Is that image the smartest person in the universe ... yep.

Is that person in the mirror the densest most annoying person in your life .... could be.

Once again ... you miss the entire point of the post.

There is no Santa Claus ... but still people put up images and celebrate the holiday, even though they know it is entirely imaginary.

Some day, Robert, you will die.

Maybe on that day .... in the millisecond before death ... you will find peace.

Of course ... it is possible to find some peace during your life ... while you still are alive ... but you will have to go ask that guy in the mirror ... he is the only one who will find peace ... and sanity.

Meanwhile, for some of us, who have a firm grasp upon the reality/ non-reality of Santa Claus ... it really doesn't matter what the engineer thinks, does it?

bruceb Guest

Default Re: SANTA CLAUS - An Engineer's Perspective...

Originally posted by ScottUK
    Sent to me by my good friend and fellow E-Budoer, Pat.

--------------------------------------------------

SANTA CLAUS: An Engineer's Perspective.

There are approximately two billion children (persons under 18) in the world. However, since Santa does not visit children of Muslim, Hindu, Jewish or Buddhist religions, this reduces the workload for Christmas night to 15% of the total, or 378 million (according to the Population Reference Bureau).

(Yadda-yadda-yadda edited out ...)
    Conclusion:

If Santa did exist, he's dead now.
    That is because there was only supposed to be on Santa Claus for one town.

So ... if yo want to STEAL a tradition, you build it up with WHITE LIES, right?

Those lies get out of control, and hence we have .... TALL TALES or FAIRY TALES, right?

So, if the engineer was to practically apply the legend of SANTA CLAUS in it's application of present day, we have a number of people in towns, citys, suburbia, and they all keep the legend alive by becoming the image of SANTA CLAUS. In this way, we who celebrate the Christ birthday give it another image that is beholden to Christianity, and yet, we have another excuse to be better than we are the rest of the year. We all, that is those of us who perpetuate the legend, the spirit of the holiday, and subscribe to keeping the connection of giving in this beginning of the new year, we all become ... Santa Claus.

Engineer .... you need to review your data. It is flawed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4