Dear Japanese sword enthusiasts and collectors,

I have been studying about the Japanese swords and sword-related items for a long time. I became the Kantei-shi ( Appraiser ) in 1976 and started to share my knowlegde with general public since 1980 after establishing the Sword Society in San Francisco. Many Japanese sword collecters and enthusiasts benefitted from my service.

If I am the first person whom you have contacted, I will be glad to perform the official Kantei ( Appraisal ) for your sword(s).

The following are the information that I need for Kantei:

1. A photo of Taihai ( Body type ) & Sori ( Curvature ) / The entire sword photo / For Era determination.

2. A photo of Hada ( Texture ) / A close-up photo / For swordsmith school determination

3. A photo of Hamon ( Tempering line ) / Swordsmith determination

4. A close-up photo of Nakago / The color of Tang deduces the production year.

5. An Oshigata ( Rubbing trace of Tang ) / If the Mei ( Sword inscription ) is authentic, I can get swordsmith information further ( His birthplace, residence, birthplace of sword, Era, swordsmith school, etc. ).

The above stated information can be sent to me by mail or via E-Mail.

PO Box 12235, San Francisco, Ca 94112 / JPSWKS@aol.com

Sincerely,

H.Hoshino

PS. You must include your name, address & E-Mail address for receiving this free sword appraisla service. Since the above mentioned service is absolutely free, I have the right to refuse anyone's request.