Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My sword arm

Peter H. Guest

Default My sword arm

I am by no means a highly skilled swordsman, but I've done my share of fencing and bokken work, and I pick up a blade twice a week, just to keep my hand in.

I am also by no means narcassistic, other than combing my hair, I don't like to look at mirrors.

But I caught sight of my right side while getting out of the shower this morning and thought it looked weird. When I looked at my left side I saw what was wrong.

My sword arm has gone gorrilla on me while my left arm looks just average.

So now I'm self-conscious about being hugly disproportional and am going to have to start lifting on ym left to build up some semblance of balance.

No point, just saying.

Likes (received)

Ha ha. You comb your hair!
    M Johnston

n2shotokai Guest

He has hair? I'm jealous.

Likes (received)

Default Re: My sword arm

Originally posted by Peter H.
    snip

My sword arm has gone gorrilla on me while my left arm looks just average.

So now I'm self-conscious about being hugly disproportional and am going to have to start lifting on ym left to build up some semblance of balance.

No point, just saying.
    I have heard of this problem before, but I have never heard the excuse of it being due to having a 'sword arm' before.... Stop that! Stop that! You will go blind if you carry like that!

[Sorry, couldn't resist.]
    Hugh Wallace

A humble wiseman once said, "Those who learn by the inch and talk by the yard should be kicked by the foot."

Likes (received)

due to having a 'sword arm' before.... Stop that! Stop that! You will go blind if you carry like that!

Wasn't that what he was talking about... Oh, he meant an actual sword!

Peter H. Guest

Sorry, the calluses on my sword hand make that uncomfortable, I use the other one.

Likes (received)

Peter,

Don't want to be rude and I'm not questioning your abilities with a sword.

But when you said that

I caught sight of my right side while getting out of the shower this morning and thought it looked weird. When I looked at my left side I saw what was wrong. My sword arm has gone gorrilla on me while my left arm looks just average
    Surely, if one is doing swordwork it is the left hand / wrist / arm doing the work and generally putting power into the cut, whilst the right hand guides the sword and doesn't have as much power as the left?

I also do kendo and I thought that the joke was that the left arm is the "gorrilla" arm whilst the right arm is the "weedy" one.

Dojo Chief Crash Test Dummy

Peter H. Guest

I work chinese broadsword and european blades as well as the bokken, again, no expert, but I've always used my right arm as power with a bokken and my left hand guides it back towards my one point. But I guess that is more of a question for the sword forum, and I bow to just about anyones superior knowledge of the bokken as I have almost no formal training with it.

Likes (received)

I work chinese broadsword and european blades as well as the bokken, again, no expert, but I've always used my right arm as power with a bokken and my left hand guides it back towards my one point. But I guess that is more of a question for the sword forum, and I bow to just about anyones superior knowledge of the bokken as I have almost no formal training with it.
    I am sure that in japanese swordwork (well from my kenjutsu and kendo) POV is that the left arm is power and right arm guides. But seeing as you also do chinese broadsword and european blades too, I am guessing that they require the right arm / hand only.

But I'm now just being picky. Please ask on the sword forum anyway.

Cheers

Likes (received)

What you need to do in order to balance your arm muscularity is masturbate frequently with your left hand.

Harvey Moul

Fish and visitors stink after three days - Ben Franklin

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
    What you need to do in order to balance your arm muscularity is masturbate frequently with your left hand.

I have two replies to that comment:

1. My member is so large, I have to use both hands to wank.

2. I'm so goddamm sexy, I get my hareem of women to do it for me.

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude

He already does!

Sorry, the calluses on my sword hand make that uncomfortable, I use the other one.
    Huw Larsen

Number 1 member of the Default Collective of Misfits

Likes (received)

Sorry, the calluses on my sword hand make that uncomfortable
    You do it so much that you have calluses?

err.... -I mean swordwork. Get your mind out of the gutter

Peter H. Guest

Had them since playing high school ball (baseball you sickos, baseball). They've just never gone away on my right hand.

Likes (received)

How's your swordarm today?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast