Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Introduction

Likes (received)

I admit I stopped reading this thread when it turned into a bit of a flame war. There is enough of that on these boards I don’t need to read yet another one.

Just a few things on kyusho.

1) Like with most things….if it didn’t work you probably weren’t doing it right. So why blame the art/technique for your inability? Blaming the art/technique speaks volumes about your character and training ideology. Lose the ego and try harder until you can do it correctly. Kyusho is just like any aspect of training, you actually have to practice it to get it right. When sparring how many punches land perfectly? If you get 50% of them I would say you are doing a damn good job….better than most. How is landing a kyusho strike any different?
    2) This “color by numbers kyusho” I read about all over the internet….it’s bull. I have yet to have someone tell me exactly which kyusho # they hit to whack someone out. People that talk about first you hit GB 20 and then ST 9 are full of it and don’t know what they are talking about. They throw out TCM terms as if they were licensed in it. Well, I am and I can tell you 99% of the stuff I read on these boards is BS.
    3) If you don’t like kyusho and don’t think it works fine. Say so then go away, we don’t need to hear it over and over on why you think it doesn’t work.
    [CENTER]Robert Rousselot

[B][I]Yeah, I’m humble…..I’m just not obsequious--- me [/I][/B]
    [B][I]Human behavior flows from three main sources; desire, emotion, and knowledge --- Plato[/I][/B][/CENTER]

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Johnson
    One of the little problems with it, yes. Some people are immune to some of them.
    Also, the more muscular the target, the less likely pressure points are to work, simply because muscle's so good a shield. The muscles HAVE to be relaxed, even for a fraction, to make pressure points work. That said, if you can get one on right, you can really zonk someone, and they're great as add-ins. If someone's feeling great pain due to a pressure point, while also being worn down by other means, they'll succumb much faster. I should note that I've seen tickling used in just this fashion, and it's probably got a similar success rate.
    This is simply untrue. most people tense muscle, and in this case it is actually EASIER to apply the pressure point cause hard muscle ripples. in the case of relaxed muscle... umm well nerves dont gnerally lie directly under muscle, they normally lie next to arterial vessels (which are AWAY from muscles so as to avoid having valvless areteris having bllod pumped against the work of the heart by the local muscle group.)
    Tim Danielson, Bujinkan Ninpo Taijitsu.

Likes (received)

There is never one single moment in time that will be the same exactly as any other,so something either works when you ues it or it dosent,knowing a few hows and whens and maybe even just doing it cos it feels right is all we can do,if it works when you want it to thats great,it it dosent ,hey move on either you did it wrong or it just did not work at that time on that person.

Likes (received)

Default Re:

I also happens to me. I would appriciate your help too.

===========================
    Card games is my nature,
    Can you tell me the game for me?
    Reveal your future, tarot reading
    www.tarotcard-psychic.com

Likes (received)

Kyusho Jitsu Seminar

Date: Sunday 15th April 2007

Times: 9:15am Registration, 4:00 finish

Venue: Kelvedon Institute Hall, 78 High Street, Kelvedon, Essex, CO5 9AA

Instructor: Renshi Jim Hulse 7th Dan Uechi Ryu and IUKF UK Representative &
    4rd Dan Kyusho Jitsu and Instructor Level 4 in Kyusho International and UK Representative

Cost: Kyusho International Members - £30, Non-KI Members - £35
    10% discount for £15 deposit (non refundable) by 6th April 2007

Contact: Ian Williamson, Email: aikibod@googlemail.com, Tel: 07841 675717
    Ian Williamson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4