Likes Likes:  0

Thread: internal power training in Bujinkan

Likes (received)

Default internal power training in Bujinkan

Hi, I'm a relative new comer to BJK but have been doing Chinese arts for some time. I was wondering if there are aspects of BJK that does anyhting like the Qigong and internal power training that you find in many Chinese martial arts. I find the precepts of BJK very akin to what I learned in internal arts like Bagua and Taiji, and was curious if there are specific training/exercises/forms that come up later in my BJK that address similar topics. Thank you.

Likes (received)

Default Re: internal power training in Bujinkan

Originally posted by Kwan Gong
    I was wondering if there are aspects of BJK that does anyhting like the Qigong and internal power training that you find in many Chinese martial arts.
    Not that I've encountered so far; but I've only been training in the Bujinkan for twenty years.
    One who claims to have thoroughly learned his master's techniques while disregarding his master's teaching, relying instead on his own talents, is worse than a fool.

-- Yamaoka Tesshu

Likes (received)

Hm... I think a lot of the basic footwork, done deeply, knees bent, with corresponding breath support can most definitly have a lot of the same physiological effetcs as old daoist qigong or old yogic meditaions/postures. At least it has felt this way to me.
    james spellman

Likes (received)

the only thing that I can think of that comes close is our stretching
    which is similar to Dao-yin.I don't see any specfic internal exercises used to nourish organs or anything realted to Qigong however if someone knows Qigong theory then any type of movement can be classified as qigong so long as it is follows the theory.
    BJK very akin to what I learned in internal arts like Bagua and Taiji
    the actual movements do feel and look similar just look at hicho no kamae and Yu chin chi tu li(golden rooster stands on right leg)very similar.

-chi jonesone