Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexual marriage the court does something right

n2shotokai Guest

Originally posted by Kimpatsu
    Atheist bigot? What about you Xpian bigots?
    As to Romans, Paul wrote to snub the Canaanites, whose male priests practiced sodomy. But that just goes to show what a hate-filled, intolerant peice of cant the Bible is.
    And your point somehow detracts in answering Harvey's question in what way?

I purposely did not post the scripture. Harvey made a false statement, which you Tony, tried to divert the facts into yet another agenda. Harvey could have looked up Romans on-line, but chose rather to make further negative comments. In this way, he can prove to himself he is right by being selective. Seems logical to me.

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by n2shotokai
    Here we go again. Hate the stupid Christians again. As several non-Christians have pointed out, there are a small minority of Christians who give Christianity a bad rap. But you Harvey, in your bigoted hate filled rage, want to paint them all with the same brush in every single thread that you can. If that is not obsessive I don't know what is.
    No, Xpianity gives Xpianity a bad rap. From the Crusades to the Inquisition to Northern Ireland, Xpianity has demonstrated time and again that it is the cource of much suffering and evil in the world. And all over a fairy tale! That would be funny, if it weren't so tragic.

Jerry Johnson Guest

Originally posted by Iain
    Hey, you know what would save even more taxes and bankrupt even more law firms? Letting go of all this outdated anti-gay bagage and allowing same-sex union legislation happen without fighting tooth and nail over a bunch of semantic garbage that has nothing to do with you or your God, and everything to do with civil and legal rights. Don't try and pin the cost of a legal battle for equal rights on the wronged party, place it on yourself.
    Now that we are back on track.

Who is the wronged party? I say it is heterosexuals picking up the cost and invasion of culture and tradition. What civil rights are being violated that is exclusive to homosexuals? The issue is burdening the taxpayer and the courts with a "Cheeseburger Bob." Come on, what about rights of Heterosexuals to say no.

No one is oppressing the homosexuals. Some would like for you to think that because they are being told no, and are upset about it.

Some heterosexuals have been forced by homosexual to accept their way of life, invading heterosexual life styles, culture and traditions. Why do some homosexuals insist on living a heterosexual life style and when they are rejected they cry violations of civil rights, and point fingers to the evil Christians are behind this.....! Well not all Christians are fanatic. That is a religious stereotype, to say the least. And not all those against anti-homosexual marriage or homosexual in general are Christians, nor fanatics. But there are some who sure do want people to think that non-sense as true.

I hope to see more action like Wisconsin and California. Government, stopping to think, and not bending to old worn out 60's political rhetoric and embracing political extremism and notoriety as Mass. did. I would like to see homosexuals being married put to a vote. Rather then it being a game of political charades and where the benefit is only for that select group of homosexuals who are ignoring the other side of the coin.

My solution like I have said and others have said, is get your own type of marriage. Society currently is at the homosexuals’ feet, as more and more services and programs in the private and government sector cater to the them fast and more efficient than any other group. Let’s be patience, homosexuals, in your lust and haste to get what you think you deserve, you may be doing more harm then good to the economy and the private sector. We are at war, and the economy is in the crapper. In time as we all know homosexuals will be ruling society. So relax. You don’t need heterosexual marriage to love each other or hate each other. Nor to mourn or live with each other. Lets look at the big picture, and not let this be the straw that snaps many a camels’ backs.

Jerry Johnson Guest

No, Xpianity gives Xpianity a bad rap. From the Crusades to the Inquisition to Northern Ireland, Xpianity has demonstrated time and again that it is the cource of much suffering and evil in the world. And all over a fairy tale! That would be funny, if it weren't so tragic.
    Tony, in your sig, line you should put "I hate Christians." Because it would save you alot of key strokes.

Likes (received)

[QUOTE]For this cause, God gave them up unto vile affections; for even the women did change the natural use into that which is against nature;
    And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error that was meet...
    Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity, whispers...QUOTE]

That's it? Hell, you just described the mental workings of a large portion of the human race. Let's see - murder, deceit, etc. Those are crimes for which we put people in jail. For which xtians are a disproportionate number.

Fornication is not a crime outside the church and is practiced worldwide by nearly everyone, including most xtians. You lost ground on that one. Sexual activity is necessary to the proper functioning of the human psyche and we can't just go out and get married in order to do that. I think having babies outside of a marriage might make a better argument, but we have birth control now.

Debate - what the hell? Guess we better execute lawyers (good idea that).

Malignity & whispers - crap, there went the Monday morning gossip at the coffee machine. Seems that gossip means you're gay - too bad about that, it means that every woman on the planet is a dyke. Since that includes your wife Steve, I suggest you stone her to death before god zaps you to hell.

Here's the part I like the best: "the natural use of women". Cripes, I violated that one zillions of times with women who didn't seem the least bit gay. Astounding how much men and women like using women for other than their "natural use". Sounds rather egalitarian doesn't it? Their "natural use" - sort of like what they said about slaves isn't it. Oops, the bible says you can enslave your neighbors too. Guess your neighbors aren't quite human to xtians.

So we get one little passage that descibes homosexuals as evil vermin who in all behaviors are basically criminal. What a load of BS. Who wrote this malign bit of slander anyway? We know it wasn't jesus as he never wrote anything at all, so it must be the hate filled rhetoric of someone else. I bet god zapped them to hell.

Before you pass judgement on homosexuals, perhaps you should actually get to know a few.

Yet again, an example of how letting others do your thinking for you is a pretty bad idea.

Harvey Moul

Fish and visitors stink after three days - Ben Franklin

Likes (received)

Here we go again. Hate the stupid Christians again. As several non-Christians have pointed out, there are a small minority of Christians who give Christianity a bad rap. But you Harvey, in your bigoted hate filled rage, want to paint them all with the same brush in every single thread that you can. If that is not obsessive I don't know what is.

Shall we all take Harvey's behaviour as the example of all atheist. Shall we paint all atheist with the same brush. Not me, I know better from experience. So logically thinking I have reasoned that Harvey is but that small group, loud, annoying, but certainly not indicative of most atheists.
    Do what you want with atheist, what you think of us doesn't affect me one bit.

But, with all due respects, I think 98% of the Christians are giving the rest of them a bad rap.

-C
    -C. Chu
    ============================
    ‘¸Śh?AŠ´ŽÓ?A”E‘Ď

Likes (received)

But, with all due respects, I think 98% of the Christians are giving the rest of them a bad rap.
    No, it's not that high a percentage for me, it's just the most vocal people who are willing to yell a lot because they have persuaded themselves they have something to lose. Sometimes there is even something in what they say. Sometimes. Sound like any other philosophical, political, or religious groups? How about all of them. More of a personality thing.

Kimpatsu, Shitoryu, N2shotokai, this isn't an attack on you guys or your non/belief systems of choice, it's just an observation.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

n2shotokai Guest

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
    Fornication is not a crime outside the church and is practiced worldwide by nearly everyone, including most xtians. You lost ground on that one. Sexual activity is necessary to the proper functioning of the human psyche and we can't just go out and get married in order to do that. I think having babies outside of a marriage might make a better argument, but we have birth control now.
    And here is a perfect example of someone trying to read the Bible who shouldn't, for the simple reason they don't want to understand what it says. Fornication, as used in the Bible refers to a practice of using sex as a form of worship. Specificaly, having sex with a temple prositute as a form of worship. It is not used as intercourse between a man and a woman. In fact the Bible says that you (man and a woman) should enjoy one another.

Debate - what the hell? Guess we better execute lawyers (good idea that)..
    Kill, Kill, Kill!!!

Malignity & whispers - crap, there went the Monday morning gossip at the coffee machine. Seems that gossip means you're gay - too bad about that, it means that every woman on the planet is a dyke. Since that includes your wife Steve, I suggest you stone her to death before god zaps you to hell.
    I do believe if I made one comment about your wife I would be receiving death threats. How it is acceptable for you to comment I am sure there is some special reason. Don't worry, I won't tell the mods or my mommy.

Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
    Before you pass judgement on homosexuals, perhaps you should actually get to know a few.
    Well I have known a few. Some are alive, some are dead from aids. I have family members who are gay. I don't find gay people to be anything other than I am with the exception of their sexual preferences. It is not my place to judge them or their actions. It is not my place to judge anyone or their actions. It is my responsibilty to make choices for myself on how I live my life.

[/B]

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Jerry Johnson
    Who is the wronged party? I say it is heterosexuals picking up the cost and invasion of culture and tradition.
    This homophobic statement says it all. Invasion? What nonsense!

Kimpatsu Guest

Tony, in your sig, line you should put "I hate Christians." Because it would save you alot of key strokes.
    But it wouldn't be true, Jerry. I don't hate Xpians; I hate Xpianity. And Islam. And Judaism. And all other patricarchal myths that imprison the human spirit.

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Cody
    Do what you want with atheist, what you think of us doesn't affect me one bit.
    No, Cody, it's the religion itself that gives Xianity a bad rap. Any religion that bigoted, intolerant, and inciting to murder is an evil unto itself.

Kimpatsu Guest

And here is a perfect example of someone trying to read the Bible who shouldn't, for the simple reason they don't want to understand what it says. Fornication, as used in the Bible refers to a practice of using sex as a form of worship. Specificaly, having sex with a temple prositute as a form of worship. It is not used as intercourse between a man and a woman. In fact the Bible says that you (man and a woman) should enjoy one another.
    The Roman Catholic church disagrees with you; they say it refers to ALL sex outside marriage. That's the thing about the Bible; all you Xpain sects think you're the only right one with the One True Message. And what about men enjoying each other?

Jerry Johnson Guest

The Roman Catholic church disagrees with you; they say it refers to ALL sex outside marriage. That's the thing about the Bible; all you Xpain sects think you're the only right one with the One True Message. And what about men enjoying each other?
    Since we are on the moral side of this issue.DOH!

What we should really be looking into is the Jewish laws on the subject of Homosexuality. Xianity laws follow the Jewish laws. The Jewish laws are very interesting on marriage and homosexuals, outside of killing homosexuals. Let's face it, homosexuals in this care are nothing special and are not singled out. All sorts of law breakers face the same punishment of death.

Homosexuality is immoral to some religions, but not all and that is the biggest mistake those taking the homosexuality isn't immoral angle, face.

Vermont has Civil Unions for homosexuals, why hasn't the Homosexuals follow Vermont and ask for Civil Unions instead of marriage?

Because homosexuals what the Xtian morality stamp of approval for their behavior. Frankly, I think they are asking alot from a religion that doesn't accept homosexual behavior, despite the arguement whether God does or doesn't exist as some sort of being or consciousness. Which cause alot of unnecessary waste of public resourses, threatening the stability of some business, and the economy, and something for the media to do.

Again we are back to "Cheeseburger Bob."
    Last edited by Jerry Johnson; 14th March 2004 at 00:47.

Kimpatsu Guest

Since we are on the moral side of this issue.DOH!

What we should really be looking into is the Jewish laws on the subject of Homosexuality. Xianity laws follow the Jewish laws. The Jewish laws are very interesting on marriage and homosexuals, outside of killing homosexuals. Let's face it, homosexuals in this care are nothing special and are not singled out. All sorts of law breakers face the same punishment of death.

Homosexuality is immoral to some religions, but not all and that is the biggest mistake those taking the homosexuals isn't immoral angle, face.

Vermont has Civil Unions for homosexuals, why hasn't the Homosexuals follow Vermont and ask for Civil Unions instead of marriage?

Because homosexuals what the Xtian morality stamp of approval for their behavior. Frankly, I think they are asking alot from a religion that doesn't accept homosexual behavior, despite the arguement whether God does or doesn't exist as some sort of being or consciousness.

Again we are back to "Cheeseburger Bob."
    It doesn't matter what any superstitions have to say on the subject; faith in the easter Bunny is not grounds for a valid opinion. The bottom line is that it is wrong to discriminate against people on the basis of sexual orientation, and so gay marriages must be allowed--with exactly the same rights-- as hetero marriages.
    Anything else is not justice.
    As to cost, allowing gays to marry costs the state nothing. The cost to the taxpayer of defending human rights lawsuits, however, is great. Consequently, if the cost is all that bothers you, Jerry, you should just get the heck out of the way and allow consenting adults to do what they like. gay marriage neither picks your pocket nor breaks your leg.
    Of course, I think Jerry Johnson should be sterilised to prevent his bigotry from being passed on to another generation. That's just as much interference as preventing couples from marrying, so if you support one form of interference, you must support the other to be consistent.
    What do you say?

Jerry Johnson Guest

Tony, I like this line.

"The bottom line is that it is wrong to discriminate against people on the basis of sexual orientation, and so gay marriages must be allowed--with exactly the same rights-- as hetero marriages."

We discriminate in the civic and non-civic arenas against people with Down Syndrome, poverty, and a host of other types of people and behaviors. Civil discrimination against homosexuals, pls. That is a ploy. Religion not wanting homosexuals to use marriage isn't civil discrimination. It is legal. The government provides homosexuals with the same rights as the majority of citizens. Vermont has Civil Unions. It is up to the states, I hope they carefully weight the pros and cons of inacting Civil Unions, or allowing traditional marriage rites.

You are discriminating against religion by saying "gay marriages must be allowed." And no they don't. What about lesbians? You just discriminated against them. In fact, acient Jewish law concerns it's self more with gay marriages and behavior more then lesbians. In fact, as far as discrimination, it is the temple prositutes ( male or female ) that top the list.

Cost: you don't think that the flood of insurance claims by homosexuals who abuse the insurance system armed with marriage contracts aren't going to affect your health insurance. Of course not your in Japan. I am not, the bottomline then is I am looking out for my own pocket book on the this issue. Call me what you will. But the issue is money, and tradition. It isn't about piggy backing on the 60's civil rights movement so a group of homosexuals can feel morally accepted. Homsexuality is a behavior, not a skin color.

It's "Cheeseburger in paradise."
    Last edited by Jerry Johnson; 14th March 2004 at 01:15.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast