Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: You can't use knockouts in a real engagement!

Troll Basher Guest

Originally posted by Richard Horrowi
    Hi Bradley,

Would going to one of his Senior Yudanshas class suffice? ..........
    Regards,

RH
    Hell if that counts I had two of his students visit me here in Tokyo.
    Neither could do anything to me or people in my class.
    In fact one of my 6th kyu students handed one of them , a 4th dan, his !!! while doing kumite.

Originally posted by Richard Horrowi
    It was all applications on a limp indivdual or a grab. Hardly what I considered realistic.

Regards,

RH
    They did the same thing in my dojo. Pretty sorry stuff.

Likes (received)

I have quite a few tapes of Mr. Dillman when he was doing his touring with Wally Jay & Reme Presas,etc. His stuff as GeneSan and RobertSan have said is garbage. His bicycle theory for one. "Just think of a bicycle wheel turning in your mind, and you won't be KOed" the supposed way he "revives" people also. Mr. Dillman at one point in his life was a solid KarateKa, but unfortunately like many others, at some point stepped over the line. There are many like him, many are worse. These men can not stand on their own 2 feet. James Coffman Sensei's site has some interesting facts listed about a few of the Kushi Bushi that are out there. It is entitled "The Weakest Link" I am sure many of you have read it already. Coffman Sensei was issued his teaching certificate by Hohan Soken O'Sensei. He trained with Soken O'Sensei from 60-64 in Okinawa. He was also Mr. Dillman's Sensei for awhile. Sensei's site is at www.smoka-usa.com You know, I find it interesting that many of our board members do not include their ages with profile. Many of them like to use that "you old guys" thingy a lot.
    Hank Irwin
    www.geocities.com/bushinoji
    A.O.A.
    Academy of Okinawan Arts

Gene Williams Guest

I agree, Hank. A lot of folks still want to play the anonymous game. What are they hiding and what do they want to pretend?

Likes (received)

Hey Gene Sensei! I got some time next week, coming by ok?
    Hank Irwin
    A.O.A.
    Academy of Okinawan Arts

Troll Basher Guest

Originally posted by Gene Williams
    I agree, Hank. A lot of folks still want to play the anonymous game. What are they hiding and what do they want to pretend?

Ummmmm.....maybe its so they cant be held accountable.....maybe its just a lack of "Stones".....who can say for sure

Likes (received)

Traveling a lot like I do, everywhere I go, I visit dojos of different styles including my own. You would not believe some of the garbage being accepted by the public. Most times I have a lot of fun, but I meet the occasional Kushi Bushi. That's usually when the fun begins actually Hahaha! I will be in San Fran next month for a couple of weeks. Will be visiting Chinese School of Southern Fukien fighting arts. Last month I visitied Coffman Sensei at his home in Fla., will post a small account of my visit and a few photos. Hoped to do it sooner but have been slammed lately. Will try to have it up by weekend. heiwa
    Hank Irwin
    A.O.A.
    Academy of Okinawan Arts

Gene Williams Guest

Originally posted by Hank Irwin
    Hey Gene Sensei! I got some time next week, coming by ok?
    Great! Call me with day and time.

Likes (received)

Hank,

You're going to be in my neck of the woods. What's this school you're visiting?

Rob

Originally posted by Hank Irwin
    Traveling a lot like I do, everywhere I go, I visit dojos of different styles including my own. You would not believe some of the garbage being accepted by the public. Most times I have a lot of fun, but I meet the occasional Kushi Bushi. That's usually when the fun begins actually Hahaha! I will be in San Fran next month for a couple of weeks. Will be visiting Chinese School of Southern Fukien fighting arts. Last month I visitied Coffman Sensei at his home in Fla., will post a small account of my visit and a few photos. Hoped to do it sooner but have been slammed lately. Will try to have it up by weekend. heiwa

Likes (received)

Robsan, I will let you know when I drop down by way of this board ok? We should get together. I haven't actually confirmed Sifu will be there when I get there as of yet. I still have to confirm my eta and itenerary also. Sometime around the end of first week in May, right around the corner.
    Hank Irwin
    A.O.A.
    Academy of Okinawan Arts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5