Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Atlanta dojo

n2shotokai Guest

Default Atlanta dojo

We have two students (8th kyu) a mother and son moving to Atlanta, northern Atlanta I am told. Any recommendations for a dojo? Prefer shotokan or similar. Thank you!

Likes (received)

Default Re: Atlanta dojo

I don't personally know this fellow, but I have judged his kata. ONe of the finest shotokan kata competitors that I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

http://championkarateandfitness.com/

Might be worth a look, for your student?

Rob

Originally posted by n2shotokai
    We have two students (8th kyu) a mother and son moving to Atlanta, northern Atlanta I am told. Any recommendations for a dojo? Prefer shotokan or similar. Thank you!

Likes (received)

There are a few good dojo's in the northern area of Atlanta Sensei Kheder (sp) dojo is in douglasville a little west of Atlanta. you might want to try
    www.atlantamartialarts.com
    They may be able to find what they are looking for I know of a few shorin ryu schools there but not any shotokan. hope this helps.
    Ron Davis
    Motobu ha Shito ryu Karate-do

Karate is not a sport, it is a way of life!

Likes (received)

Default ATL schools

I've been to 100% of all traditional Karate dojos in the Nothern Atlanta area. Take my word for it these two are the best public dojos with ongoing classes in North Georgia:

For traditional Shotokan, this is the best, Japanese hombu sensei excellent!

Atlanta Central Shotokan
    (770) 277-9413 3828 Stewart Rd # C
    Atlanta, GA

For Okinawan Shorikan Shorin-Ryu, best teacher in N. Atlanta

Alan Weatherby Karate Studios 62/month
    Woodstock, Georgia

Others @ www.atlantamartialarts.com
    Last edited by Denis Torres; 20th April 2004 at 04:20.

Likes (received)

Here's the website for that Shotokan school. Unfortunately, Alan Weatherby does not have a site. His phone number is 770-596-2418. A nice guy by the name of Roy Choice will answer all your Weatherby/Shorin-ryu questions. Good luck.

http://www.atlantacentralshotokan.com/

WhiteShark Guest

Default Full Contact Karate

If they want a little higher contact level have them take a look at our gym. www.shidokan-atlanta.com

But, the truth is in Atlanta location is going to be more important than anything else. The travel times after school/work can be brutal. They will probably have to settle for something close to home or work.

Likes (received)

Richard Trammell is a class guy and his school is top rate. Shidokan, Kick Boxing and Wing Chun (Chinese Boxing) are the core arts at his school. It's not traditional but first rate nonetheless.