Likes Likes:  0

Thread: [hotlinking image problems]

Alkaline One Guest

Default [hotlinking image problems]

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwCNAmcVu*sYUl3zPgR7AlUx1n5gTd0w4fB513jlEiPW7*6YOBl9KW4ng5dgufeUIBnAngwGABrR6uwwY5QNPNc5lvhI2Z2Vz9c yipCvW!M/my%20car.JPG?dc=4675444533704198174[/IMG]
    Last edited by Alkaline One; 4th May 2004 at 20:57.

Alkaline One Guest

havent got the foggiest why i cant host a picy, this piture is on another forum, and it works ok, any1 know why it wont work here?
    How about if you cut and paste, does that work?
    Cheers, Dave
    click here

Last edited by Alkaline One; 4th May 2004 at 21:05.

Likes (received)

Default 123

Sorry, doesn't work for me either
    Best regards

Andreas Quast

We are Pope!

MarkF Guest

MSN may indeed protecting links, but one thing you must remember is that the URL, if you aren't going to attach it through the E-budo, must end in jpg, gif, doc, or zip, encased in tags. I am the only member here (who I know of who actually posted a doc file years ago (it leaves a link to the article (it may have been text, but I don't think so).

You could try to leave off everything after JPG and to see if that works, who knows? Better to save the pic to your harddrive and make sure is under the max res, and the dimensions of 600x800.

I just noticed, the tap PNG was replaced with PDF. Interesting, as I have better pics in PDF format than anywhere else, but the still must meet the limits in dimention and res.

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/ 0RwCNAmcVu*sYUl3zPgR7AlUx1n5gTd0w4fB513jlEiPW7*6YOBl9KW4ng5dgufeUIBnAngwGABrR6uwwY5QNPNc5lvhI2Z2Vz9c
    yipCvW!M/my%20car.JPG[/img]

MarkF Guest

MSN may indeed protecting links, but one thing you must remember is that the URL, if you aren't going to attach it through the E-budo, must end in jpg, gif, doc, or zip, encased in tags. I am the only member here (who I know of who actually posted a doc file years ago (it leaves a link to the article (it may have been text, but I don't think so).

You could try to leave off everything after JPG and to see if that works, who knows? Better to save the pic to your harddrive and make sure is under the max res, and the dimensions of 600x800.

I just noticed, the tap PNG was replaced with PDF. Interesting, as I have better pics in PDF format than anywhere else, but the still must meet the limits in dimention and res.