Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Political Message Posting Rules?

not-I Guest

Default Political Message Posting Rules?

Dear Messrs. Lindsey and Kohler,

Posts have been deleted (none of my own, btw) and threads have been closed due to posters breaking the forum rules, e.g. by deriding politicians through name-calling. Fair enough.

What i'm a bit confused about is why some posters can not only engage in the derision of entire ethnic or religious groups using simple-minded epithets that would offend any forum members who happen to belong to those groups, also indirectly threaten other forum members with death, and even openly call for all-out genocide (and all this repeatedly) without receiving so much as a warning from the moderators. Doesn't such conduct break some of the more general forum rules of e-budo or is it simply so absurd as not to warrant action?

I am not calling for additional censorship, as i don't have a problem with free speech, and simply ignore posts by fanatic yahoos, but i am curious as to why such censorship is applied so selectively here.

Thanking you in advance for your response,

Gene Williams Guest

I think whiny posts such as the one above should also be deleted

JGApprentice Guest

Does that mean we can make threats of murder here? If so, can we ask the victims to please kindly leave their names, age, and address.

Likes (received)

You have such a highly tuned wit Gene!

Probably came about in response to being bullied at school for having a girl's name, but I admire it all the same.
    Jonathan Adrian Treloar
    Perception is strong, Sight is weak - Musashi
    Right forearm is strong, Sight is weak - Treloar

Likes (received)

Argh. This is really simple. The moderators/admins can do whatever the hell they want with their forum.

n2shotokai Guest

I have been curious for the same reason. Other forum members can suffer repeated verbal abuse and politicians only need to be called a simple kindergarten palyground name for admonishment. Again, not asking for a change, just trying to understand the logic.

Likes (received)

I hate to say it, but sometimes there just is no logic. Not by some posters, and not by some admins. I've been here before...and while I've never really been happy with the response, I have to say its the voices of like minded posters that have really made me feel its worth the lack of censorship of a few people.

Lets face it, you're going to meet a few yahoos no matter where you go. The internet is no different. I suggest that we try to speak out intelligently when faced with people like that...not so much to convince them, but to make sure that whoever is reading gets to see opposing, positive views. And to make sure that the sly ones don't slip any racist, xenophobic trash under the rug. People like that love to hide their venom under a pretty facade.

Ron

JGApprentice Guest

Originally posted by Bod
    You have such a highly tuned wit Gene!

Probably came about in response to being bullied at school for having a girl's name, but I admire it all the same.
    You're not referring to me by any chance right? I couldn't understand much from your grammar.

Likes (received)

Default An experiment...

Well, I think Gene is right about the towel heads and camel jockeys with bombs in their crotch. I am having a hard time figuring out how all those people share one crotch, but other than that I agree with Gene completely. Of course, he's left out the watermelon and fried chicken lovin' coons. We all know most of them are anti-Cristian Allah-worshipping devils. They need to be dealt with at the same time as those camel-screwers. After that, we gotta take care of the kykes, 'cause after we wipe out the towel heads there'll be nothing stopping the Jews from comin after us. But they'll do it in secret, sneaky little Jews, with secret conspiracies and cabals and such. Protocols of the Elders of Zion, anyone? The Spiks, Wops, and Micks are next--Catholic, every last one of 'em. Not to mention we should have taken care of the Krauts and Nips 60 years ago, when are we gonna finish the job?
    Nathan Sherrard

JGApprentice Guest

If you're serious about this, then you got me intrigued! But I think you left out the Spaz (I think that's what they're called), unless you already used another synonym for it. They're the second largest population in our country. But leave Jewish people alone man.

n2shotokai Guest

Spaz, as in spastic people? What's next, everyone on a short bus?

Likes (received)

Travis, there is an excellent search function on this board. Why don't you quote some of the most egrigious examples of favoritism (cough. . .troll) that you have witnessed?

"What i'm a bit confused about is why some posters can not only engage in the derision of entire ethnic or religious groups using simple-minded epithets that would offend any forum members who happen to belong to those groups, also indirectly threaten other forum members with death, and even openly call for all-out genocide (and all this repeatedly) without receiving so much as a warning from the moderators. Doesn't such conduct break some of the more general forum rules of e-budo or is it simply so absurd as not to warrant action?"

Ahhh. . . "some" people eh? "happen to belong to those groups" eh . . .? Is that like when a New York Times reporter needs back up, he quotes "highly placed sources" who "insist on being anonymous" ???

HeHeHe.

Is that a troll under that bridge, or are you just happy to see me.
    Ken Gardon

"experience always supercedes theory"

Likes (received)

Hi there,

Truth is, every single person posting to e-budo has been rudely dissed in one way or another, whether a christian, jew, muslim, liberal, conservative, koryuka (?), ninja, karateka, judoka, woman, man, white, black, brown, gay, straight, academic, young'un, suthner, northerner, hick, city-folk, english, french, japanese, chinese, korean, african, iraqi.... who is left? Check your ego at the door, take a bit of frickin time with what you say, say it anyway, and follow the rules.

This is a free forum for most of us, we don't pay a cent. The least we can do is appreciate that. As far as favoritism goes, I really haven't seen any particular group get off without a few slashes inflicted on them for some darn thing. Everybody gets it, sometime it will be your turn.

I assume the reason why there is a particular stipulation on american political figures is that the sniping season is heating up, while all the other comes and goes. Don't go out of your way to be an !!!, because it will just reflect on you, and there quite literally is an audience of thousands reading you. Unless that is your thing. It's not mine. I only wonder who I would have a beer with or go to their dojo based on their posts.

My own latest rules are
    1. Don't take it personally.
    2. Try to drink a beer before checking in the member's lounge.
    3. Assume all other posters have had three beers before they posted to member's lounge.
    4. Don't keep tally.
    5. Be considerate, but post when silly things are said that no one else is bothering to comment on. Otherwise, I try to post a semi-intelligent question or response and see if anybody cares to respond back.

HTH
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

JGApprentice Guest

Should we also try to walk on a straight line and find our nose?

Likes (received)

Those were rules for me, not for you.

But sure, do what you want to.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast