Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Let's hear it for So Yuki

Likes (received)

Default Let's hear it for So Yuki

Looking good, after 20+ years as head of the Shorinji Kempo family. Not sure how heavy hangs the head that wears that crown, but she seems to be doing a grand job.

Only met her a couple of times, seemed very nice.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Kimpatsu Guest

And here is the lady in question:

Likes (received)

Okay, so I'm not too keen on tinted glasses (makes her look like a Yakuza Assassin-for-hire), but she makes a far more attractive figurehead than any other Budo art you can think of.

I've never heard her speeches in the Japanese original, but I assume they have the right mix of optimism, encouragement and insight into the human condition to help inspire our members toward their goals...

I remember that when she came to London for a Summer Camp Gasshuku at Canterbury, we tried to get a few Kenshi to the airport to form a welcome. I wasn't aware of all the layers of etiquette involved at the time and I came wearing scruffy jeans and a bowling shirt (looked like the kid that empties the ashtrays in a Bowling Alley). Needless to say I was last in the line-up to Gassho Rei and shake hands . I made sure to carry the biggest bag I could find, and hid my face .
    I kidded myself that Aosaka Sensei and I were the only ones dressed for the hot sunny weather (Yes, he was wearing THAT white suit).

Come to think of it, she was present for the 10th Anniversary Taikai too... er, wasn't she?

And of course, she was at Hombu in 1985 for the International Taikai/Training...
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....