Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What happened to the forum? [hack problem]

Likes (received)

Default What happened to the forum? [hack problem]

Hi,

Few months ago I couldn't access the forum... did you guys got a problem? Any comments??

Thanks
    Paulo K. Ogino A.
    Architect
    Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido

"Now there's void... tomorrow is not the day"

MarkF Guest

Yes, there was a problem, but it has been taken care of now. it was about 6-8 weeks in May and June.

Stuff happens.

Mark

macvsog Guest

Ok, so answer the question, what was the problem why was the board down for so long? we know the problem was fixed. but dont just say its been taken care of, please tell us what happen to the board and what happen to most of the threads in the baffling budo section?

Thanks for the time you will spend in your response.

Likes (received)

Aparently there was a software problem, and only John Lindsey had the necessary passwords/authorisation to sort it out, and as he is currently in Iraq on contract work and not near a pc very much (or at all for extended periods) then it had to wait until he had the time to do it.

As for the baffling budo threads what do you mean?
    A couple of threads were deleted, but nowhere near "half"..... a slight exaggeration? I have told you a million times not to exaggerate......
    Steve Williams

Harrow Branch.
    Shorinji Kempo UK.
    www.ukskf.org

trillium Guest

Lightbulb what happened to the threads?

Originally posted by macvsog
    what happen to most of the threads in the baffling budo section?

I've been lurking for a few years, but I've never posted....

to answer the question what happened to all the posts, I found that it looks like there are less posts on the forum but it's probably because your settings show the posts from the last 30 days. Because the forum was down, there aren't many threads to show.

Likes (received)

Sorry, for not having it up sooner. There were situations beyond my control. The domain name went into a redemption period. Basically, the owner has a period where he has to pay or the Domain name can be bought by someone else. I had to pay for it to be taken out of redemption ($150) and then pay for another 5 years ($95). Then we had other issues. John is in Iraq and did not remember his Network Solutions' password for me to change the DNS settings. He sent me a jpg of his drivers license for me to fax to Network Solutions, but the address on the license was different from the original address when John purchased the Domain name. So I had to get a utility bill with John's home to verify the new address (I live 5 hours from John's home). After that, I was able to change the password and make the adjustments.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

it seems we owe George some thanks for taking the time to resolve the issues..

Thanks George...
    Rogier van der Peijl

REAL SCOTSMEN WEAR KILTS because sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards!

Originally posted by Cady Goldfield
    Ah, what a cutie, Rogier. I'll bet a lot of ladies in Netherlands are mourning because you are out of circulation now!

MarkF Guest

Originally posted by macvsog
    Ok, so answer the question, what was the problem why was the board down for so long? we know the problem was fixed. but dont just say its been taken care of, please tell us what happen to the board and what happen to most of the threads in the baffling budo section?

Thanks for the time you will spend in your response.

I answered the original question, Mac, and giving that I wasn't the one taking care of the problem, I answered what was asked. Some may have thought the problem was on their end.

I knew about the problems John had in getting access to the Internet givng where he was, but that was posted by John before he left. I also knew of the faxing problems, the probable non-payment of certain funds because it happened before, but I still didn't have those specifics. And "most of the threads in baffling budo" is an even bigger stretch than "half."

So instead of guessing on exact details, I just answered the question asked.

You should count yourself among the lucky. I could have put ten to twelve-thousand characters down without a sweat just on the first question asked. Ask anyone.

Mark