Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Calming Yourself

Likes (received)

Default Calming Yourself

I was wondering what tactics or little exercises you do to calm yourself at the moment that you feel that you are very nervous. This can be before a fight or everyday experiences, like before a job interview or before a presentation. Personally, I just find that breathing helps quite a bit.
    Jonathan Wood

Tiger Ed Guest

Yes fella, breathing it all about it.

I kinda just kneel, stand, crouch or sit, depending on where I am, and if I have time try to calm myself. Breating is good and so is looking logically.

You think about it your stuffed and you WILL mess up, fail or get battered. Let your body take control of itself, it knows what to do and so do you. You try your hardest and think about everything you WILL fail as your miind is full and cluttered. Let if flow through the area and let your body fall as it should. You cannot win by thinking but by acting kinda sub-consciously.

Try not to think too much, which is hard I know, but let it all fall into place and flow. If it is not who you are or what your body can do it will not happen. It does what it can, but we must do these things well.

I just put my conscious mind in a white room for a few seconds and allow my breathing to flow. Then act without acting. In Iaido we try to cut without cutting as we are one with the sword.

Hope this help fella, basically you must allow your mind to flow.

(If its a fight though allow your legs to and run so you do not get nervous.)

Likes (received)

Thanks, Ed. That's what I figured. Breathing is really a good calming agent.
    Jonathan Wood

Likes (received)

Breathing is definitely the key, but the most important thing is how you breather. Take a full, deep breath in slowly, then out slowly. I do this three times with my eyes closed and I calm down and my heart rate goes down. It's sort of a mini meditation.
    Sam Cervantes