Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Long Time Gone....

Likes (received)

Cool Long Time Gone....

Howdy Folks. Been a long time since i've thrown my gibberish on here. A lot has happened since i last posted. Mostly personal stuff. I bought "Ninjutsu: History and Tradition" about two weeks ago, and i have read every word of it probably 7 times since then. I am just astounded that i have not bought or read any of Soke Hatsumi's books before. I have not read a book so informative and genius since the Holy Bible. I learned a lot about the mindset and attitude a Budoka should have from just reading the first few sections. This is the best $12.95 i have spent since......well pretty much ever. Every time i read the book i find new stuff that i did not catch before, or i see something in a different perspective. It's like reading it through the first one or two times helps you develop an attitude or mindset to understand it the way Soke meant it when you read it again after that, or helps you open your mind to a new school of thought to interpret his words in a different way than you did before. Genius book, and genius man....

Likes (received)

It is a good book...but it was ghost authored by Hayes for Hatsumi.
    Rob Erman

Likes (received)

Red face

Yeah it did seem as though someone translated a little too well. There were too many english language mannerisms in the book for it to have been translated directly from the Japanese language. Too much in the way the book was written that doesn't exist in the Japanese school of thought as related to use of language. I'm rambling. Sorry.