Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Japanese hate foreign workers

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Kimpatsu
    So what is it?
    Like most people I pay my pension and I have some saved and invested.

Also as a resident I qualify for karakikan. Also qualify in my country of origin for a pension.

Should get a monthy payment from one or both that will help out and not bite into what I have saved.

And yes I am retiring to a coral island. Seems to be a lot cheaper living here.
    Hyakutake Colin

All the best techniques are taught by survivors.

http://www.hyoho.com

Joshua Smith Guest

Originally posted by Kimpatsu

Does America have a culture? (Hollywood and MacDonalds do not a culture make.)
    Kimpatsu, that has to be one of the most insulting, downright ignorant comments I've seen on a public forum to this day. Many Americans have respect for the Japanese (including me) and you'd think that these "honorable" people would extend the same courtesy to their fellow man. The only word for how I feel, is disappointed.

You're living proof of what this thread is about: Racism, arogance, and ignorance are apparently running rampant in the Japan you guys are describing, and what's worse is that there seem to be laws that protect, condone, and even encourage this type of behavior.

What's next? Japan Making all foreigners where bands on their arms with their countries' or religions' symbol sewn on to them? What system does this reminesce to?..."Dare I say..Hitler's", Kimpatsu, and his early days of power?? From what you describe life to be for a foreigner in Japan, I would venture to say Hitler might have left a little *residue* on the country of Japan from their previous alliance, if the Japan you guys describe is indeed true.

Kimpatsu, assuming you are Japanese and were taught in Japan in your childhood, why do you know English? Is it perhaps English is a required knowledge to enter a University in Japan? Read this from an Asian News Co. It explains it better than I can.

Look at the US. We tolerate, house and cater for ALL ethnicities and religions. Chinatowns, Little Tokyos, Irish, Russian, Mexican, French, buddhists, musilms, just to mention a few. Obviuosly, there is racism in the US (as in all countries), but it's localized and slowly diminishing and is now ILLEGAL.

Is this really true?? Has Japan indeed become this horrible place for a foreigner to even LIVE in Japan?? Has it become a place where you are denied the rights and freedoms, that even the lowest of people have, because of your skin color or ethnicity??!!! Sad...

Again, the only word I have for this, is disappointing. That a culture, that seems to be in the 22nd Century, has 19th century ideals of Goverment and politics.

So, yes, the US has a culture and a governament that goes by it. One that Japan and just about every country depends on for their economical and career prosperity and overall peace. So instead of insulting the US, I'd suggest saying "Thank you!" instead.

So once again. Is Japan as bad as it is said to be regarding the tolerance and humanity towards foreigners??

In my mind, compassion is an invaluable quality. I truly feel sorry for you.

I still love Japan and its culture despite these rude accusations. I stil practice Kendo, Iaido and Aikido. But again, any of my fellow students in the dojo here in the US would be greatly disappointed at this shocking behavior.

May God bless you all.

Likes (received)

Ummm, how to say it...........Kimpatsu is English
    Mauro Cantarone.

Likes (received)

NO!

Kimpatsu is kimpatsu.
    He is his own man.

Dear Mr. Smith,

I am a qualified English teacher who left Japan for greener pastures.
    These are sad times in Japan and in the global market place. The "Iron Law of Labor" is in effect and the English teaching community is focusing on Canadians, NZers, and whomever is the cheapest to rent for short periods of exploitation.

The other part of FORCED language and culture instruction is that Japan (and Korea) have a TON of class time! I believe students RESENT all these bad ENglishes classes and grow to resent the culture it represents.

Also, like Hitler found, it is so easy to hate the different isn't it?
    Jody Holeton
    --------------
    OPEN 24 hours, 7 days a week,
    ALL JODY, ALL the TIME

Kimpatsu Guest

For Joshua, who can't tell a joke when he sees one:
    Having said that, America clearly doesn't have a culture.
    A cultured person would be able to tell a joke when he saw one.
    And besides, America (of which Joshua clearly isn't a part) has an amazing sense of humour.
    What other coiuntry would take Dubya seriosuly?

Gene Williams Guest

You mis-typed (spelled) "seriously." Actually, most of substantive American culture IS British. I had a college philosophy professor who was British and an Oxford man. He always referred to America with phrases such as, "Now, here in the colonies...," or "...you young Colonial men and women...." Referring to phone cable under the sea, he once said, "The only significant cable under the sea is the umbilicus that connects you young whelps of King George to the motherland."

Kimpatsu Guest

Yes, I keep referring to the US as "the Colonies". Most Americans appreciate the humour. Those who don't owe 200 years' back taxes to German George.
    Joshua Smith, being a typical Xpian, has no sense of humour. I tell you what, Gene: you can keep him; just give us all the land back, instead. Fair, right?

Joshua Smith Guest

Kimpatsu,

I hoped you wouldn't resort to name calling, but that says a lot about you doesn't it?? I don't dislike you Kimpatsu, but your ignorance toward the US and myself is laughable to say the least. English?? Oh God....I keep picturing you as Simon Graham from the Last Samurai .

Well, enough of that...change the subject back to the thread's subject, shall we?

So lets say I go to Tokyo for a week as a tourist. I'm of Hispanic roots (but live in the USA). My skin color however is not tan, but it is indeed white. Would you predict me facing any racism in the hotel I stay in, while I'm visiting the sites or going to a restaurant, etc.??

I'd love to go see Aoi Sword Shop and other Nihon-to museums and foundations.

Also, have any of you experienced racism or mistreatment while visiting/living in Japan as bad as you guys ay it is due to your ethnicity?? How about you Kimpatsu?

Thank you all.

Regards,
    Joshua Smith

Likes (received)

Dear Mr. Smith,

Go have fun!

I love Tokyo! Japan is what you make of it.

You hear ALOT of griping from those on the lower end of the economic chain.

I'm sure you will have the adventure of a lifetime!

Do go and see the sights!

I am a sword buff too and if you had the time I would recommend Seki (Spyderco and everything).

Take extra cash, Japanese is NOT needed and have a great time and write about it on e-budo.

Wishes he were in Tokyo--Jo
    Jody Holeton
    --------------
    ALL JODY, ALL the TIME

Joshua Smith Guest

Originally posted by Jody Holeton
    Dear Mr. Smith,

Go have fun!

I love Tokyo! Japan is what you make of it.

You hear ALOT of griping from those on the lower end of the economic chain.

I'm sure you will have the adventure of a lifetime!

Do go and see the sights!

I am a sword buff too and if you had the time I would recommend Seki (Spyderco and everything).

Take extra cash, Japanese is NOT needed and have a great time and write about it on e-budo.

Wishes he were in Tokyo--Jo
    Well that's certainly re-assuring. I think you've secured the Airline Co. a sale!

I always knew Japan was a tad rude to foreigners, but what struck me the most was that there are laws that protect this racism crap!

The trip won't be until next Summer, but I'll be looking forward to it every second until then. You never got mistreated or neglected beacuse of you being a foreigner while in Japan, Jody?

Regards,
    Joshua Smith

Likes (received)

Talking

Is it possible to buy a sense of humor in Japan as well, Jody? I didn't see any for sale on my most recent trip.
    David F. Craik

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Soulend
    Is it possible to buy a sense of humor in Japan as well, Jody? I didn't see any for sale on my most recent trip.
    Sorry, they're a special commodity, and are not sold to unworthy American soldiers...

Likes (received)

Smile

Good thing I'm neither a soldier nor American.
    Last edited by Soulend; 30th July 2004 at 15:28.
    David F. Craik

Likes (received)

Dear Soulend,
    You can buy anything in Tokyo with enough $$$.
    I can loan you my bad sense of humor from time to time BUT I have to have it back for my weekends. I'm being pimped and I need all the charm I can get.

Dear Kimpatsu,

Soulend is a Marine (I would NEVER call a Marine a soldier) and he already has a sense of humor. It's high and tight and in triplicate BUT it's a sense of humor.

Dear Mr. Smith,

I can tell you horror stories from BOTH Japan and Korea.
    I hear Thailand is getting really bad too.
    The Thais for Thais party wants all foreigners out.

Read "Dogs and Demons" for some good examples.

I say go and make YOUR Japan, just be forewarned.

Train hard--Jo
    Jody Holeton
    --------------
    ALL JODY, ALL the TIME

Likes (received)

It's high and tight and in triplicate BUT it's a sense of humor.
    David F. Craik

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast