Likes Likes:  0

Thread: help me to find uni in US and england

Likes (received)

Default help me to find uni in US and england

I am looking postgraduate program that contains subjects like anti terorism, drug trafficking and anything got to do with police/intelligent works. My brother is Indonesian police officer and he got sholarship oportunity to study either in US, UK, AUS and netherland from government. I can provide the school list in australia only. I don't know about other country so the option will be limited. He said he needs to find the postgrad program with more specific in terorism, drug trafficking, homicide, etc not the global degree like criminology and law. that's the hard thing for me to find because only one university in melbourne that has that kind of subjects.

I hope e-budoka can help. thanks in advance
    Umar Sesko A. Tri Hananto
    "high quality single man"
    "low profile but high product"

Likes (received)

See if the FBI will accept him, or he can be recruited by the CIA.

Other options would include a stint in the US Navy and he could apply for SEAL training.

As far as I know, only the government offers training in that sort of thing.

Harvey Moul

Fish and visitors stink after three days - Ben Franklin

A. M. Jauregui Guest

Training in the US is going to be an ordeal in that your brother would have to qualify for a Limited Access Authorization (or similar) and be the exception to the rule has he is not currently a federal employee to receive training from one of the governmental universities.

I would suggest, he ask around for surely other LEOs have been in similar positions.

Likes (received)

For the UK, look up Bodyguard courses. There is no anti terrorist programs for ordinary people, unless you join the armed forces. Basic course is £500+ up to £3,000 for professionals.

Likes (received)

thanks for the reply. However I got informations about the uni syllabus from my friends in US too via email. It seems interesting subjects that offered in Master of criminal justice. I hope my brother will think about it.

I can't find any FBI national academy emails or phone number. But I suggest to my brother to contact US embassy in Jakarta. Hope he can do it before transferred to Bali next month.

cheers
    Umar Sesko A. Tri Hananto
    "high quality single man"
    "low profile but high product"

Likes (received)

If he wishes to try the UK anti terrorist side of things he can try these pages www.mi5.gov.uk and https://www.mi5.gov.uk/output/Page22.html