Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Tai Kai ...

Likes (received)

Gentlemen
    Tonya, Lisa Marie, Dan Kuepp and I will be there for sure, not sure who else is coming. Work has kept me out of the loop for awhile. Dave is Guy coming?

Carl McClafferty
    Carl McClafferty

Likes (received)

Dave is Guy coming?
    No.

The Tsurumi crowd were asking about you.

--Guy
    Guy H. Power
    Kenshinkan Dojo

Likes (received)

Guy :

We will miss you this year... How are things in Tsurumi ? How is ROberto ?
    Please email me off line at Tsmyth@cfl.rr.com

Thanks

Tom Smyth
    Assistant to Saint BOb The Elder Muckey Muck :toot
    Gojudude

Likes (received)

Guy:
    I'll be heading over in October. Can you give an address and number?
    Carl
    PS No wonder you haven't answered your e-mail!!
    Carl McClafferty

Likes (received)

Carl, I'll link you up with Imamura san who in turn will coordinate with Tomoko san. The last time I coordinated a visit (from Belgrade), Tomoko san made arrangments for a room at a small ryokan in Tsurumi. I think the cost is about $50 per day with breakfast (fish!) -- it's not too far from the train station.

Cheers,
    Guy
    Guy H. Power
    Kenshinkan Dojo

Likes (received)

Default In case you haven't registered yet...

Don't forget to go to www.toyama-ryu.com and click on "TaiKai Registration" to get info and sign-up.

Forgive the "plug," but hey... Bob Elder puts on a heck of a TaiKai and the only "profit" he gets is the satisfaction that he's making a difference. I know alot of folks are indeed going, some would like to but can't, and others don't know if they should. Well... YOU SHOULD if you can! I mean... where else can you see so many top notch JSA people sharing and having a good time while competing in friendship (and safety).

FOR YOU IAI FOLKS WHO NORMALLY AVOID US BATTO FOLKS...

There are several IAI divisions, JUDGED BY IAI SENSEI, so you too, get your fair shake at glory! If you have any questions, contact Tom Smyth or just go to www.toyama-ryu.com and click on the link(s) for more info!

Regards (and see you there!),

Carlos
    E. Carlos Estrella, Jr.

The strength of a man is not measured in how much he can lift, how many he can fight or how much he can endure, but in his capacity to admit his limitations and learn to successfully circumvent them.

Likes (received)

I'd like to second the call for iai folks to join. I will be accompanying Niina-gosoke and Yamada-sensei from Japan. We will be holding a Mugairyu seminar and helping judge the iai divisions.

This is a great chance for all us iai folks to show these batto dudes that cutting from the draw is at least (if not more!) effective than pummelling through a stack of dead bodies.
    And of course everyone knows our kata are better.

Regards,

r e n

Likes (received)

Guy:
    Thanks, my email address is mizuhisgr@aol.com

Carl
    Carl McClafferty

Dogger Guest

Talking TAI KAI

Hey Mr. Smith
    I'll be there and were training our KAMAI to focus and be fierce See you there

Are you attending any seminars, Boy I sure am!
    Good cutting to you
    Jim

Likes (received)

Wanted to mention that the most popular seminars have only a few spots left. If you havenot registered yet you are LATE LATE LATE..

Ohh i was supposed to say Sword, IAi , tai kai and Katana

Tom SMyth
    Gojudude

Dogger Guest

Thumbs up Tai Kai seminars

Hal tells me we need at least 250 tatami's just for the seminars. Great lots of cutters. I will get lots of spiking practice for the Tai Kai as this is only my third month in class, but I am in your basic cutting seminar and Wally will get my cutter to me this week. I can't wait getting close now, so it's time for NOTO and kata homework, see you soon.
    Jim

Hey, Bob got a new book in, something about Okinawain forgotten techniques are you familiar with this book?

Dogger Guest

Talking Introduction:

Thankyou for the welcome and I will remember to use my full name in the future.

I have been studying Wado Karate with Sensei Veronica Cook here at Vista Karate Club for the past six years (my rank is Ni-kyu). We are under Sensei Butch Ballingit and his dojo in Lakeland, FL. I also train with Roland Tinkus Hanshi at his dojo and his seminars. I have started to train with Sensei Elder as I have been threatening him for years to come to his class. This is my first TAI KAI and any advice is greatfully welcome and accepted.
    Your friend,
    Jim Williams

I also surf, wakeboard and fish (inshore saltwater).

Likes (received)

Default Oops ...

Hello Jim,
    You seem to have hit the wrong forum also. This is the Sword Arts Forum Message Archive where worthy threads are placed for posterity. I have alerted a moderator and they will move it somewhere else.
    See you in Orlando!

Cheers,
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Likes (received)

Jim,

Are you the Jim I know? (I'm thinking antiques, a love of bulgoki and a lack of a signed name below <g>).

Hope all is well if you are, and good wishes even if you aren't THAT Jim.

Carlos
    E. Carlos Estrella, Jr.

The strength of a man is not measured in how much he can lift, how many he can fight or how much he can endure, but in his capacity to admit his limitations and learn to successfully circumvent them.

Likes (received)

merged threads
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast