Dear Friends of Tsubaki Shrine,

Now we have enjoyed such a beautiful summer season. Isn't it hard to realize it is almost September. We are fast approaching some special events that I hope everyone can participate in:

TSUKINAMISAI at TSUBAKI AMERICA GRAND SHRINE:

On Wednesday 9/1 at 10:30 AM Tsubaki America Shrine will hold the Tsukinamisai..everyone is welcome to attend..of course I will pray before the enshrined Okamisama for health, happiness, safety and prosperity for all shrine friends as well as for our "Chikyu Mura" (world village).

OMIKOSHI TAISAI AT ENMA 9/11 from 12:30 PM

Eastside Nihon Matsuri (Bellevue Aki Matsuri http://www.enma.org ) will be held 9/11-12 this year at Bellevue Community College. It is such a great cultural event and celebration of community for those involved or enjoying Nihon Bunka (Japanese Culture). The Shinto Ritual and O-Mikoshi Procession is such a great event every year--I hope everyone can come and help carry Mikoshi either physically or by adding Ki and encouragement--the vertical connection of the Shinto Ritual and the horizontal (community) connection of the Mikoshi carrying and Naorai (party) afterwards is the true experience of the Matsuri paradigm. Please try to fit this years event into your schedule if you can. Also we are in the beginning stages of forming the Mikoshikai (Mikoshi Club) or support group for Omikoshi events--are you interested? Please contact the shrine if you are..

1ST ANNUAL TSUBAKI KOU MEETING 9/12 from 11:00 AM

Tsubaki America Tsubaki Kou (Shrine membership group) will hold it's 1st annual meeting the day after the Mikoshi Taisai at Tsubaki House (Kaikan/guest house) at 11:00 AM on Sunday Sept.12. Everyone is encouraged to participate---we are moving into a very exciting phase in the life/evolution of Tsubaki America--of course we want to move forward together, building on past work and cocreating the future of this shrine and Jinja Shinto in the US...this is our 1st such meeting--please participate actively in the life and future of your shrine. On Sunday 9/12 Chouhai (morning Oharahi) will be at 10:00 at Shrine, so please come and participate if you can.

Ima kara mo yoroshiku onegaishimasu
K. Barrish
Senior Shinto Priest
Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America
(360) 691-6389
http://www.TsubakiShrine.com