Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Links & FAQs for RUMA Forum

Likes (received)

Macvsog --

The first one:

1. Nagamine Shoshin Hanshi
    2. Prefectural Physical Education xxxxxx memorial/anniversary.
    3. KARATEDO KOBUJUTSU ENBU [performance] TAIKAI
    4. Shorin Ryu (in Eng), below it states "Matsu Bayashi"
    -- Time: Showa 55 [1980], April 5, 6 pm.
    -- Place: Naha City Citizens' Hall -- big hall [meaning large room]
    -- Sponsor: World Matsubayashi Karatedo Federation
    -- ??? : Magamine Shoshin xxxxx Club.
    ===============

The second one with photo:
    (Celebration) Nagamine Shoshin Hanshi
    -- xxxxxxxxxx Enbu Taikai
    -- Former Ryukyu Prefectural Education xx President
    -- OHAMA HOUEI [don't even think about asking me!! ]
    -- Hometown Ryukyu Club
    President: Matsuoka Masabo [I'm guessing the "bo" portion]
    --OHAMA HOUEI XX CLUB
    Pres: xxxxxx
    Naha City Uenoya 259 (Seikichi Bldg.) Tel, 61-7111
    ===============
    Third one -- too small to read, but the right side looks like "Matsubayashi Ryu humanity's xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    ===============

Fourth one -- too small to read a'tall!

Cheers,
    Guy
    Guy H. Power
    Kenshinkan Dojo

Likes (received)

Post Probably "Kobudo"

Mac,

That is more likely the "Nihon Kobudo-kai" meaning Japan Ancient Martial Ways Association.

In Okinawa, the term "kobudo" seems to mean Okinawan weaponry used in conjunction with karate (I may be wrong, but that is my observation); whereas, in Japan "kobudo" refers to all ancient fighting styles (minus the "shin-budo" such as karate, aikido, and perhaps even Daitoryu Aikijujutsu). Hmmmm .... wait -- that rings a bell .... I seem to recall (not too clearly) that because of Morio Higaonna sensei's book, Goju-ryu is now officially listed as a koryu because he was able to document its history.

Higaonna, Morio, 1995 History of Karate: Goju-Ryu
    (Thousand Oaks, CA: Dragon Books) , 226pp, 6" x 9" illus. (paperback) $34.95
    For a review of the book see http://www.dragon-tsunami.org/Produc...juhistrev.html

Regarding Don -- Mr. Sacharnoski has filed legal action against him and the case has yet to be heard. I'm surprised Don would even entertain the thought of sending you copies of what he's received from Mr. Sacharnoski's lawyer through the "discovery" process. I would quickly give Don my address if I wanted the documentation he has.

Regards,
    Guy
    Guy H. Power
    Kenshinkan Dojo

Likes (received)

Sometimes when I am in the mood to remember my younger days my time at Nagamine sensei's dojo come to mind. I left Okinawa around this time of the year in 1962. A long time ago. He will always be remembered.

BTW, I was there when Sacharnoski is alledged to have been there on Okianwa and he claims to have been some USMC Judo champ. What a crock.

Likes (received)

Default Re: Isshin-ryu Links

Isshin-ryu World Karate Association
    Kichiro Shimabuku- 1st born son of Tatsuo Sensei.
    http://www.isshinryukarate.com/

Okinawa Isshin-ryu Karate & Kobudo Association
    Angi Uezu- Son in law of Tatsuo Sensei. Uezu turned OIKKA over to Tsuyoshi Uechi due to
    health problems.
    http://www.oikka.com/

Isshin-Kai
    Arcenio Advincula- 1st generation student of Tatsuo Sensei. Tatsuo Sensei nicknamed
    Advincula "Katagwa" (kataman) because of his knowledge of kata.
    http://isshin1.com/

If I missed something, it is because my knowledge is limited.

If I may update some of this.Joey Paden, Maryland [/B][/QUOTE]

1. Kichiro, to my knowledge, is no longer activly promoting IR, I may be wrong here but I think his organization no longer has a root in Okinawa, I am really stepping out here and maybe if anyone knows different they can let me know.

2. Angi did retire and a year or so later Mr. Uechi gave it back to him. Mr. Uechi came to visit Mr. Advincula, and both these men are now working on teaching Isshin ryu as Shimabuku meant it to be done.

Yes I am a tad biased, Advincula sensei is my sensei. This is to my knowledge the most up to date info.

There is lots of politics (as there is in many styles once the grand master passes on) in Isshin Ryu. Basiclly today exists a following of Ungi in North America and in the last 15 years a growing following of Advincula. Advincula was senior to Ungi in the dojo and Shimabuku nicked named him Katagwa or kata man. Many of the marines that trained with Shimabuku did one or two tours of duty, a tour of duty being approx/. 18 months. Advincula trained with Shimabuku for 8 years and to this day visits Mrs. Shimabuku, Ceso the younger son and other first generation students in an effort to clarify the history and details of the style. Many of the north american masters are excellent martial artists, but many have not sought out the real teachings of Shimabuku. I originally trained with a sensei in IR that was several generations removed from the source, when I started with Advincula sensei in the 90's it was a difference between night and day.

Didnt mean to tell my story but the clarification of the true teachings of IR do need to be clarified.

Mike O'Leary
    Old Dragon

Likes (received)

Okinawan Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Karate Kobudo Federation
    Grandmaster Fusei Kise
    www.matsumura-seito.com
    Justin Joslin
    Shodan
    Okinawan Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Karate Kobudo Federation.

"Be a kind and gentle person when the World will let you."-John Shipes Sensei

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyuck3X
    www.ihadojo.com

Iha Sensei is the North American representitive
    for Miyahira's ShiDo Kan dojo. Miyahira and Nakazato
    Sensei were both students of Chibana.
    But not the only one. Iha is by all means the highest ranking representitive (10th dan) in the states, but over here we have a 8th dan and a few 7th dans via Takeshi Miyagi, another of Miyahira's students.

On that note, I don't know of an "official site" for Kobayashi Shorin Ryu; in the states Iha's is a pretty good pic, so would be kobayashiusa.com. I'll search for an Okinawan site.
    Pat Massey

Student of Shorin Ryu
    Student of Aikikai Aikido

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3