Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Fun with Mr. Abacha

Likes (received)

Samson and Delilah, Bonnie and Clyde, Joann and Mr Sanko... another great love affair doomed to fail... another tragic failure of two souls to meet on common ground.

'tis such a shame

Thank you David, for creating a silk purse from a Sow's ear. Who'd have thought that swapping love-letters with a scammer could be so entertaining. You have certainly taught us all a thing or two...
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

What a ride it has been.

If you're looking for a new pigeon, I got a new solicitation from a Mrs. Abacha yesterday...
    Cady Goldfield

mokonotora Guest

Default Just for a giggle....

Do you think it would be fun to email this to the official Pamela Anderson Website? They may enjoy it as much as we did.

Likes (received)

Well, almost two years later I thought I'd bump this with a rather topical 419 scam:

Dear Friend,

I would like to request your assistance in a business transaction of mutual benefit, I am an American and a member of The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), our committee is in charge of contracts awards and payment for all contractors who executes contracts in the rebuilding of Iraq. We are currently in London for the payment of some contractors who executed contracts in Iraq, For more about our operations log on to http://www.rebuild-iraq-expo.com/

They was an over draft contract we just discovered for 50Million GBP and with our influence in this panel we can successfully present you/or your company to claim the above funds. We have agreed to share the money thus:

1. 20% You.
    2. 70% for us (the officials) and
    3. 10% to be used in settling taxation and all local and foreign expenses.

Please note that this transaction is 100% risk free and we hope to commence the transfer latest seven (7) banking days from the date of the receipt of the following information via by e-mail (federalcontractors_debt@yahoo.co.uk ) of your Full name/ company's name if any, Tel. & Fax Nos.The above information will enable us write letters of claim and job description respectively. This way, we will use your company's name to re-apply for payment and re-award the contract in your company's name.

We are looking forward to doing this business with you and solicit your confidentiality in this transaction. Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter using the above e-mail. I will bring you into the complete picture of this pending project when I have heard from you.

Yours faithfully,

Dr. AFAM PETERS
    Scott Halls
    Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu Kenjutsu - Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iai
    兵法二天一流剣術 - 無双直伝英信流居合

Likes (received)

Wow! I remember this thread, one of the best in E-budo history, I think i'm going to have to sit down with a big cuppa tea and have a re-read.
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Default Hilarious!

This is my first post of e-budo, but I just read through that entire thread, and it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the 'net.

Very good work!

David Cummins
    David Cummins

Osu-no-seishin

Likes (received)

Hehe..I haven't posted much here for a long time...funny to see this old thread bumped up again.
    David F. Craik

Likes (received)

Default Wow

Just looked at my watch and realised I have been reading this thread for some 3 hours now. I never realised it existed before but wot a feckin' laff!

I have got to share this with other people - it's like a comedy show.
    Andy Watson

Minoru hodo
    Kobe o tareru
    Inaho ka na

http://www.simenergy.co.uk

Likes (received)

This ranks as one of the funniest, silliest threads ever to be posted on E-Budo. Laughed myself silly as the ruse progressed.

A week ago, NPR had a story on Morning Edition about exactly this -- the fad of "phishing" for scammers in Nigeria, Lagos and the other places where e-mail scammers are abundant, and stringing them along. Some of the stories were as bizarre as our own SoulEnd's escapade. It's apparently a popular pasttime now, the 21st century equivalent of bear-baiting, but much more humane to animals since the focus is on human "predators."
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

It's alive!!!

David,
    Long time no write
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Default Urgent Respounce

Today, I received the following e-mail messages, both with the above title.

----------
    Dakar Senegal West Africa
    Email: Fatimamandef333@yahoo.co.uk <mailto:Fatimamandef333@yahoo.co.uk>
    Dear One,
    My warmest greeting to you in the name of the Lord.
    I am Fatima Mandef and I inheritated an important some from my late father who died in recent crisis in Cote d'Ivoire. I wish to request for your assistance in investing this sum in lucrative venture or manufacturing and real estate management in your country. I have Five million, seven hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD($5,700,000) to invest in this transaction and I will require your assistance in receiving the fund in your account in your country. I will gladly give you some resonable percent from the total sum for your assistance.
    Before his death on September 2005, he gave me all the necessary legal documents to the deposit of the fund in the bank, I am 20 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an account overseas where I can transfer this funds and after the transaction I will come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convinient for me to return back home if I so desire. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world.
    I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded. Now permit me to ask these few questions:
    1. Can you honestly help me from your heart?
    2. Can I completely trust you?
    3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account?
    Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immedaitely I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my picture and also give you more details about myself and the bank were my late father deposited the fund, so that you can reach the bank and confirm the existence of the fund as well, because seeing is believing.
    Awaiting your immediate response and may God bless you.
    With love,
    Fatima

----------

Simpson Madu,
    Av,29 Felix x pytanvin
    Dakar senegal,
    Tell- 00221-646-43-90
    Fax- 00221-893-58-76
    DEAR SIR/MADAM,
    WE ARE A PRIVATE AGENT DEALING IN GOLD FROM WEST AFRICAN REGIONS LIKE
    SENEGAL, MALI,GUINEE CONAKRY,SIERRA LEONE, GHANA AND BURKINA FASO. WE HAVE
    AT PRESENT THE CAPACITY TO SUPPLY AS MUCH AS 250KG OF GOLD EVERY MONTH. WE
    ALSO HAVE CAPACITY TO ORDER FOR MORE IF NEED BE.BELOW ARE THE DESCRIPTION
    OF THE TERMS OF SALE OF THE ITEMS.
    TERMS AND CONDITION OF SALE TYPE OF PRODUCT :
    GOLD DUST/BARS QUANTITY : BETWEEN 500KG PER MONTH
    PURITY:916.7 / 1500 fineness
    KARAT:22,18,14,24Karat.
    COST : DEPENDS ON THE KARAT AND KILO.AMOUNT AVAILABLE:
    WE CAN SERVICE ANY AMOUNT .
    SHIPPING TERMS: COST, INSURANCE, AND FREIGHT PAYABLE BY BUYER.THE TERMS OF
    CONTRACT IS CASH AND CARRY BASIS .AFTER THE TESTING OF THE GOLD HERE IN
    SENEGAL AFRICA. STRICTLY FOR THAT PURPOSE OR THE BUYERS COUNTRY. THE TERMS
    OF FREIGHT IS COST INSURANCE AND FREIGHT IS TO BE BORNE BY THE BUYER.
    THANKS
    Mr
    Simpson.

I wonder if Fatima and Simpson are by any chance related.
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19