Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Teruo Hayashi (Hayashi-ha Shito ryu karate)

Likes (received)

Default Teruo Hayashi

I've just received word that a giant in the karate world has passed on. Teruo Hayashi was a martial arts genius and the founder of Hayashi Ha Shito Ryu Kai. He was a most influential man in the karate world.

His passing marks the end of an era.

Rob

Likes (received)

He was truly a great man and Karateka. His deomnstration in the video documentary Budo inspired me to train hard and had quite an impression on me as a child.

Condolences,

Mike Mitchell

Likes (received)

I to have recieved an email wiht that sad news on it. Soke Hayahsi was truely a pioneer . I have two of his tapes and I believe he was 74 when he did the tapes and his preformance of the kata is truely amazing. I hate the fact that I never got a chance to go to one of his clinics.
    Ron Davis
    Motobu ha Shito ryu Karate-do

Karate is not a sport, it is a way of life!

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Maddog Mitchell
    He was truly a great man and Karateka. His deomnstration in the video documentary Budo inspired me to train hard and had quite an impression on me as a child.

Condolences,

Mike Mitchell
    Mike: I'd be interested to know what sequence/ footage in the "Budo" documentary Hayashi Sensei was in. I love that film, and was also inspired by it when younger. I was always curious about who was who in the film, but never could find out.
    Miguel A. González

Likes (received)

Hi Miguel,

It's been awhile. Are you still training in Kendall with Tony? Hayashi did Sanchin Kata in the snow, did Kobudo with Tonfa, Kama and had many of his kids doing Kobudo on the beach. His students did Tameshiwara as well.

Regards,

Mike

Likes (received)

Sad to hear of his passing. The man was a great influence in 20th Century Karate internationally.
    Hieroteo Villarosa V

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Maddog Mitchell
    Hi Miguel,

It's been awhile. Are you still training in Kendall with Tony? Hayashi did Sanchin Kata in the snow, did Kobudo with Tonfa, Kama and had many of his kids doing Kobudo on the beach. His students did Tameshiwara as well.

Regards,

Mike
    Got 'im.
    You threw me for a loop for a second, Mike, 'til my memory (What's left of it) kicked in.
    How're you and your sensei doing? Still have that wonderful traditional style dojo & garden?
    Nah, Tony closed the dojo and I lost track of him. I'm over at Saito sensei's dojo on Coral Way & 72.
    Cuídese, compadre.
    Miguel A. González

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by MAGon
    Mike: I'd be interested to know what sequence/ footage in the "Budo" documentary Hayashi Sensei was in.
    Greetings all.

I realize this is an old thread, but I saw it during a recent seach.

Hayashi Sensei had several scenes in Budo, in addition to those mentioned above, where he demonstrated various kobudo weapons versus the sword and the staff. ("The master demonstrates the tatami tenbe...", "This is nichougama...", etc.) In those scenes he wore his signature all-black keikogi with the gold "fist" logo on the breast.

I was fortunate to meet him briefly when he was in the Seattle area once. I was practicing with the Washington Karate Association (Hayashi-ha Shito Ryu) at the time, so to meet our leader was an inspiration.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Rest in Peace Soke Hayashi !
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Default My inspiration

I've joined a karate seminar with Soke Hayashi back in 1988, just a few months after I started karate.
    He was then in his 60s and my Shito-Ryu sensei in his late 20s. I was so impressed with the speed and elegance and flexibility of this japanese man in his old years, that I decided to go on with karate until I'm in my 60s. Since then I followed the karate way and I still will. It's a long time up to my 60s but I think karate keeps me flexible, fit and sometimes a little bit speedy, but I will never reach this superbness of Soke Hayashi.
    Your spirit will live on!

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by heijoshin
    I've joined a karate seminar with Soke Hayashi back in 1988, just a few months after I started karate.
    He was then in his 60s and my Shito-Ryu sensei in his late 20s. I was so impressed with the speed and elegance and flexibility of this japanese man in his old years, that I decided to go on with karate until I'm in my 60s. Since then I followed the karate way and I still will. It's a long time up to my 60s but I think karate keeps me flexible, fit and sometimes a little bit speedy, but I will never reach this superbness of Soke Hayashi.
    Your spirit will live on!
    Heijoshin,

Please allow me to kindly remind you are in violation of E-budo rules regarding the name posting policy. Therefore, either you need to supply us the following:

- Your home phone and cell phone number
    - Social security number
    - Employer's name and phone numbers
    - Scanned birth certificate
    - Your dad's Social Security Number
    - Some DNA blood and saliva samples
    -Your last 5 paycheck stubs
    -Your current medical and dental records
    - your checking and savings accounts
    - Current Life, Medical and Auto insurance policy number
    - Original deed of trust to your property
    - Your vehicle registration and VIN number
    - Your significant others name and medical records
    - Hair samples from all known living relatives
    - 24 letter of reference from non-relatives concerning your good conduct.
    - Your current brain scan.
    - Your psychiatric evaluation for the last 10 years
    - Your sensei’s written permission to post and participate in any MA related forums

However, If you refused to secure any of the above, We the moderators at E-Budo can waived all the above requirements if you willingly and unconditionally agree to sign your REAL FULL name at the end of every post. You may get some friendly warnings from any E-Budo member. If you do not comply you will be placed in E-Budo Hell in which you will be forced to have conversation with yourself.

The best solution to avoid a FREE round all expenses paid VACATION to the dreaded E-Budo purgatory, simply follow the specific instructions below:

1) Find a quiet corner and get into seiza position. Now chant the following: “I will not Break E-budo rule of no name post” 2459 times or maybe we should make it an even 3000.

Or

2) Stand in Naihanchi Ashi Dachi ( That‘s horse stance to you landlubbers), relax and take a deep breath, then Click on user cp, click on Signature editor, enter signature and answer yes that you want your signature to show plus anything else you want in your signature.

If this confuses you , go ahead call in sick from work and grab some Sake or a cold Samuel Adams or if you are under 21, grab some milk and cookies and take the time to read this link:

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showpost...81&postcount=1

Again, Welcome to E-Budo ! Hope you enjoy your stay and please remain seated at all times.
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Dear Prince,

thank you for your welcome words.

I deeply apologize the absence of my signature. I've collected all the items you want me to send to you but then I realized that I don't know what

saliva samples
    are.

So I hope the signature I've created with great endeavor satisfies you.
    ------------------
    Christian Manz
    Freiburg, Germany
    ------------------
    seated with attached safety belts

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by heijoshin
    Dear Prince,

thank you for your welcome words.

I deeply apologize the absence of my signature. I've collected all the items you want me to send to you but then I realized that I don't know what

are.

So I hope the signature I've created with great endeavor satisfies you.

You're funny Mr. Manz, Thank you for seeing the humor in my post and a warm welcome to E-budo. Oh don't worry about the Saliva samples...
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

I briefly met Hayashi Soke a few times in my teens and remember the first time I saw him "knowing" who he was without anybody having to tell me. He definitely had a presence about him and I wish I go to meet him more.
    Brian Culpepper