Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Kwestionable "Ken jutsu"

Likes (received)

Smile Re: them again

Originally posted by Shimura
    They even claimed to be intrusctors of the Niten ryu style.
    Do you mean Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu or just Nito Kendo Ryu? If it's HNIR they mean, oh boy. Not another Musashi wannabe!

(Nito Kendo is not related to Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu for those who don't already know.)
    Carolyn Hall

Likes (received)

Default Niten ichi

Yes, the Niten Ichi variety I'm afraid.
    Gary MacMullen
    MJER Jikishinkai
    Big Green Drum Japanese Martial Arts
    (Formerly Aikido of West Florida)

Mi ni tanoshimi o takamazu - Musashi
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Aozora
    You sneaky little gits... you know you're just trying to fire up KKKK 2!

Hurray!! Go KKKK II "Attack of the Drones"

Cheers,

Matt.

Likes (received)

I believe the story was posted here at one time. Didn't they practice for a short time with a visiting Japanese kendoka, refuse to do what he taught them, promoted themselves to sokes, and started advertising themselves as the American Musashis?

By the way, Etch, I might agree with you except these clowns could cause serious harm to someone if they are swinging these weapons around. Its not just bad taste, it's unsafe!
    We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular. Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula.

Likes (received)

There's this thread

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/show...rican+kenjutsu

but it's not the one I'm looking for. I think a guy from Japan moved here and got totally screwed by these guys.

They've changed some of the pics, too. Remember the ones of them in headbands and camos with walllhangers in their belts? And the seven-year-old sensei with the flute-like object?
    We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular. Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula.

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Aozora
    You sneaky little gits... you know you're just trying to fire up KKKK 2!

Quoi? Nous??!?

(Myo Sim Kendo is the Way of the Ultimate Mind and the Way of the Sword. This martial art practices traditional Samurai sword techniques, sword etiquette, partner exercises, sparring, and an introduction to aspects of the warrior code of Bushido.)
    matrim cawthorne

Likes (received)

Show us the link!!!!

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Charlie Kondek
    Show us the link!!!!
    C'mon, Charlie, show some imagination. Simply put the words 'kendo' and 'karate' into google - add soke too for spice if you like - and there you go; KKKK-o-rama.

The void, man! Super-sized for $100 every quarter.
    matrim cawthorne

Likes (received)

It is indeed kwestionable! But, hey, it's his own style, so he's not trying to pass it off as something it's not. Even if the site advertises:

Myo Sim Kendo was also founded by Grand Master Sung Hong, and is based on traditional Japanese sword fighting. Myo Sim Kendo is distinguished from some of the more traditional aspects of pure Japanese Kendo. For example, Myo Sim Kendo is more combat-oriented and has less of the formality associated with beginning and ending a technique.

Some pics of the style I found. Not trying to pass judgment, just putting them out there!

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Charlie Kondek
    I believe the story was posted here at one time. Didn't they practice for a short time with a visiting Japanese kendoka, refuse to do what he taught them, promoted themselves to sokes, and started advertising themselves as the American Musashis?

By the way, Etch, I might agree with you except these clowns could cause serious harm to someone if they are swinging these weapons around. Its not just bad taste, it's unsafe!
    Charlie,

After reading the older thread about these folks... I'm convinced their sensei should be marched up the side of a mountain and roughed up by Tengu. His students however, it's them I pity, at least the ones that don't know any better.

Best Regards,
    Etch
    Bernard B. Echiverri

Likes (received)

Default Re: them again

These clowns are actually well known in the Gulf Coast area, and we've had dealings with some of their students in the past. Actually there is a good Jikishinkai affiliated iai group at our dojo here in Pensacola, as well as US Kendo Federation kendo group that teaches at our place on Wensdays and is based out of Ft. Walton. Actually my "relationship" with these guys goes back to when I first moved down here and my best friend was trying to actually teach them real kendo. Long story, and he posts on here sometimes, so maybe he could tell it, but trust me, these guys seriously think they do actual JSA. Or in their parlance ASA I suppose. They even claimed to be intrusctors of the Niten ryu style.
    I'm sorry, I'm not clear whether you're talking about the first group of pictures or the second. Can you clarify that for me?
    Ken Okagi

Likes (received)

Default Re: Niten ichi

Yes, the Niten Ichi variety I'm afraid.
    What a bummer!

Somehow, I don't think Hyaku-sensei is going to be exited to hear about another wannabe Musashi who claims to know HNIR.

Those guys teaching should be ashamed!

I feel sorry for the students. They don't know any better.
    Carolyn Hall

Likes (received)

Default Re: Re: Niten ichi

Originally posted by Kaoru
    Those guys teaching should be ashamed!

I feel sorry for the students. They don't know any better.
    Nowadays with Internet, free public libraries and everything, I'd almost see not knowing any better as not wanting to know better.

If they can spend time and/or money for questionable trainers and martial arts, they could as well spend time/money in an internet cafe to do some research on what exactly they are doing.

Maybe I expect too much common sense from 'people'.

(Edit: or maybe too much knowledge about internet .. but everyone should have at least 1 geek friend who will research everything for him on the internet )
    Reinhold Krusse
    www.kendo-mainz.de
    >This space is for rent<

Likes (received)

Default first pics

I'm sorry, I was talking about the people in the first pic who have there dojo down the road from me in Navarre, Florida.
    Gary MacMullen
    MJER Jikishinkai
    Big Green Drum Japanese Martial Arts
    (Formerly Aikido of West Florida)

Mi ni tanoshimi o takamazu - Musashi
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Likes (received)

Default Re: first pics

I'm sorry, I was talking about the people in the first pic who have there dojo down the road from me in Navarre, Florida.
    Thanks for the clarification. Gosh, you'd think people who claimed to be teaching japanese sword arts could put their dogi on correctly, but maybe my expectations are unrealistic. Damn my idealism!
    Ken Okagi

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast