Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ... and now the half for others?

Likes (received)

Default ... and now the half for others?

All those hard-working Kenshi that have just seen their reward come by way of a succesful Taikai, must now be wondering how they can recompense their loved ones for all that sacrificed "family time", etc. during the build-up. Partners, spouses, parents even, all end up bearing part of the burden when the Kenshi of the family is getting geared up for something special (a summer camp, a grading, a taikai, etc.) and it is nice to pay them back with something...

I was always useless at balancing my Kempo with my "Real Life" and I frequently neglected to "give something back" to my family for their support. I think it was Paul Henderson who alerted me to this when he took the next two nights off after a Summer Camp. It didn't have to be a present, just his "presence" was reward enough.

So are there any of you older Kenshi (meaning; you've had time to try this a few times) who've worked out how to keep everyone sweet? What will you be doing for your loved ones to make up for letting you go to the Taikai?
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Default Re: ... and now the half for others?

Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA
    So are there any of you older Kenshi (meaning; you've had time to try this a few times) who've worked out how to keep everyone sweet? What will you be doing for your loved ones to make up for letting you go to the Taikai?
    Nothing at all....... (due to the fact that my wife was there as well, and giving me a kicking for all to see )
    Steve Williams

Harrow Branch.
    Shorinji Kempo UK.
    www.ukskf.org