Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sword Arts Dojo Finder - READ THIS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Melissa, TX
    Posts
    3,162
    Likes (received)
    1

    Default Sword Arts Dojo Finder - READ THIS

    I'm using Nathan Scott's format here for this forum. What is written below originally came from Nathan's post here with some editing.

    Read below.

    Please use this forum to search for existing threads asking for dojo in the area that you are interested in.

    If one does not exist, feel free to start a new thread with your request for information. However, please continue the thread naming format already being used to facilitate searches and future navigation.

    Use:
    Kenjutsu (this includes heiho, hyoho, kenpo, tojutsu, and toho)
    Kendo
    Iaido (this includes iaijutsu, battojutsu, and battodo)
    Sword style schools (if there is no preference)

    Because of the high volume of requests for instruction posted to the Sword Arts forum, this sub-forum archive will be used exclusively for this purpose. Additions or opinions about instruction in a given area is welcome, but any other discussions should be posted in the main Sword Arts forum.


    Regards,
    George Kohler

    Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    1,526
    Likes (received)
    58

    Default Kendo Dojo Finder

    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    12
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    Hey there,

    Just wanted to share a link, because the Argentine federation´s information in the IKF list is really poor and has no website.

    Argentine Kendo-Iaido Association (Asociación Argentina de Kendo-Iaido), member of the FAK - IKF: www.culturamarcial.com.ar

    Cheers!
    The best part about training with the sword is that most of what you learn from it has nothing to do with swords at all...

    Julian Dupuy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad,India
    Posts
    7
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default Japanese & indian sword arts in India

    Hello dear friends,
    just wanted to add this information about the sword arts of japan & India at Hyderabad ( www.kendoindia.com ) can contact me on kendoindia@yahoo.com.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Denton, Tx
    Posts
    1,237
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    You should post that information in a new thread. Nobody will see it in this thread.
    Charles Mahan

    Iaido - Breaking down bad habits,
    and building new ones.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default Looking for a Kenjutsu school near Hartford, CT

    Hello everyone reading this, I new to this forum and my name is Blake and I'm very interested in learning Kenjutsu. While doing some research I ran across this forum. I currently live in Hartford CT so I'm not sure if there's anything here or even near Hartford but I figure you guys would know.

    I've been interested in Japanese swordsmanship for the past 4 years but never got the chance to take a class or live near a dojo that teaches it. The only other martial art I've done is Aikido but that only lasted for about 6 weeks but then I had to move for financial reasons. I'm currently unemployed so I feel that my effort will probably be in vain anyway.

    If there isn't a school near me what is your opinion of reading and watching DVDs on the subject?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    260
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackkaze369 View Post
    If there isn't a school near me what is your opinion of reading and watching DVDs on the subject?
    Reading books and watching DVDs is good for general research. However don't confuse that with learning kenjutsu. You can no more teach yourself kenjutsu by self-study than you can become an accomplished neurosurgeon that way. Read the moderators' sticky note entitled "Deletion of self-teaching threads".

    In the meantime, I would highly recommend kendo and/or iaido. Either or both these arts are a great starting point, and can sometimes lead you to find legitimate koryu kenjutsu that is not well-publicised.

    Good luck.

    b

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,147
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackkaze369 View Post
    Hello everyone reading this, I new to this forum and my name is Blake and I'm very interested in learning Kenjutsu. While doing some research I ran across this forum. I currently live in Hartford CT so I'm not sure if there's anything here or even near Hartford but I figure you guys would know.

    I've been interested in Japanese swordsmanship for the past 4 years but never got the chance to take a class or live near a dojo that teaches it. The only other martial art I've done is Aikido but that only lasted for about 6 weeks but then I had to move for financial reasons. I'm currently unemployed so I feel that my effort will probably be in vain anyway.

    If there isn't a school near me what is your opinion of reading and watching DVDs on the subject?
    Read this:
    http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26059
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    10
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    many people think that sward art is a simple art or sward is a simple weapon of steel. But some people can see more about sward i.e. it is an art.

    Learn Japanese | Hiragana

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    90
    Likes (received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brad12 View Post
    many people think that sward art is a simple art or sward is a simple weapon of steel. But some people can see more about sward i.e. it is an art.

    Learn Japanese | Hiragana
    Is SWARD a combination of Sword and Art. It is a new word to me.
    Bill Reddock
    Los Angeles IaidoKai

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    6,226
    Likes (received)
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wreddock View Post
    Is SWARD a combination of Sword and Art. It is a new word to me.
    A sward is a lawn or grassy field. A perfectly good word incorrectly used by brad12.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    260
    Likes (received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brad12 View Post
    many people think that sward art is a simple art or sward is a simple weapon of steel. But some people can see more about sward i.e. it is an art.

    Learn Japanese | Hiragana
    Random meaningless post... check.

    Spelling mistaeks... check.

    Link to "free" site in signature... check.

    Spambot behaviour (or human behaving like one). b

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Blue Ridge, Texas
    Posts
    1,991
    Likes (received)
    121

    Default

    Not a bot. He is the same guy that was pushing his web sites so hard in the language forum a while back. If I remember correctly, he was put into purgatory by Mr. Goldsbury for spamming his web site without answering any of the questions posed as to why he thought it was so wonderful.
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    1,526
    Likes (received)
    58

    Default

    Why is this tolerated? If I see a link like that at KW, I don't ask questions, it's a permanent ban straight away.
    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •