Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Chakra Meditation

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Goro
    You asked for it.
    Surely you're going to say that the conclusion of 20+ yrs. of '' into this area of intelligence was as they put it 'mildly effective'.
    But the fact is they would'nt of put that much time and resources into a 'pipe dream'.
    Yes, they would. Just like the US government spent 10 years and $20 million researching remote viewing.
    Do you honestly think the people who make these decisions are smart?

Kimpatsu Guest

Default Re: royal f*$#up oops

Heres the link,

http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pa...l#anchor255098
    Oh, not Targ and Puthoff?
    You can read about thier idiocies here. In fact, check out all the commentaries on the site; it will be very educational for you.

Lee Marsh Guest

Thats what I like about you Kehoe, your unwillingness to bend.

Even if there were proof staring you in the face you'd research your accounts based on what can merely be derived from anothers theories as opposed to the direct experience one can have if they adhere sincerely to certain practices.

peace,
    Mr. Kehoe is not unwilling to "bend." He is unwilling to accept claims or hypotheses that are not subjected to rigorous, corroborated scientific testing by disinterested parties. This is especially true when such claims are used to defraud the public. Now, it is one thing to say that you saw a flying saucer and tell that to all your friends. They will merely think you are a nut. It is quite another to claim that and charge people admission to see the little green man you caught, or to claim that the vision gave you healing powers and charge people for their use. I like Mr. Kehoe's stubborn insistence upon proving, scientifically, any such paranormal claims. Carl Sagan, regarding the search for extra-terrestrial intelligence, said that he, of all people, wanted to find such life. But, he was particularly sceptical and stubborn because, he said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

Nakyra Guest

Maybe I deserved that, maybe…
    It’s obvious that my lifestyle is severely different from most people, and I never expect people to listen openly or let alone agree with me.
    However, I always expect people to make a fool of me, and it really doesn’t bother me or deter me from my goals, however radical they may seem.

Maybe I shouldn’t have been so hasty to write a post of that nature in
    e-budo, but I seriously thought that someone here would at least have some constructive comments to make on the subject…

Kimpatsu Guest

Tyrone, here is a genuinely constructive comment: Test your supposed chakras using a double-blind, scientific protocol. There are plenty of people here, and living near to you, who are willing to help you design said protocol.
    But until you do, your claims are no more than wishful thinking.
    Regards,

Nakyra Guest

*sigh*

I never claimed to have any mystical powers or strange abilities,
    I wanted to mix the natural energy every person possesses with focus and concentration into a martial art - I mean come on, How do you think those damn buddhists stand on paper, or how they generate copious amounts of heat through their hands?
    And yes THAT has been documented and proven.

As for the million dollar challenge - I don't know why anybody hasn't claimed it, especially if there are people out there who can perform minor tasks using only their mind, perhaps after decades of training themselves to do something like that, their perceptions change and that million dollar reward doesn't even enter their mind? Truth is I don't know - do you?

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Nakyra
    I never claimed to have any mystical powers or strange abilities,
    I wanted to mix the natural energy every person possesses with focus and concentration into a martial art - I mean come on, How do you think those damn buddhists stand on paper, or how they generate copious amounts of heat through their hands?
    And yes THAT has been documented and proven.
    Such parlour tricks are no different from what stage magicians like David Copperfield pull off. So, no special pwoers there.
    And you have misused the word "energy", which in physics has a very specific meaning.
    Originally posted by Nakyra
    As for the million dollar challenge - I don't know why anybody hasn't claimed it, especially if there are people out there who can perform minor tasks using only their mind, perhaps after decades of training themselves to do something like that, their perceptions change and that million dollar reward doesn't even enter their mind? Truth is I don't know - do you?
    Yes: it's because nothing they do is paranormal in the slightest. Claimants fall into two categories: swindlers and the self-deluded.
    In your first two sentences above, you contradict yourself. You say in the first sentence that you never claimed to have special powers, and then in the second sentence you claim exactly that: "natural energy" (sic). If you can edmonstrate this "natural energy" claim, you qualify for the $1 million.
    Do it and feed some orphans. Or admit that you have no such abilities whatsoever.
    (Neither is likely to happen.)

Likes (received)

Maybe these so called "paranormal" manefestaions haven't been proven because if someone did step forward to claim the $1 million, and they actually could do something phenomenal, governments would snatch them away for their own use. If you had telekenetic ability...would you want the general public to know about it? If so, why? What do you think your life would be like? If not...again...why?

Believe and think what you will. There will always be "Nay Sayers"

Happy Holidays
    J. Winter

Give in to the Dark Side!!!!

http://www.aikidoinoklahomacity.com/main.html

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Mushin Ronin
    Maybe these so called "paranormal" manefestaions haven't been proven because if someone did step forward to claim the $1 million, and they actually could do something phenomenal, governments would snatch them away for their own use. If you had telekenetic ability...would you want the general public to know about it? If so, why? What do you think your life would be like? If not...again...why?
    What are you, a conspiracy nut? Do you really think psychic powers could be kept quiet if they really existed?
    FYI, many people have applied for the $1 million, and have all failed. Once proper observing conditions are applied, the cause of their claimed ability turns out to be far more mundane.
    Believe and think what you will. There will always be "Nay Sayers"
    I beleive what the evidence says. My personal feelings don't come into it. If you are arguing that psychic powers must exist because life would be so much less fun without them, that indicates a rather child-like inability to distinguish between what is true and what you would like to be true.
    And what, exactly, do you mean by "Nay sayer"? I deny that the Moon is made of green cheese. Is that a negative thing to do?

Likes (received)

I'm not arguing anything. If I had psychic powers I wouldn't be stupid enough to display them in public. As far as me being a conspiracy theory nut....hmmm no Believe what you want. Why would it matter what I think? Though, the lack of proof of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist....course that works in reverse too,

Do you think there is a God? If you do. How is that different from the paranormal? Can you prove his/her/it's existence for me please?

As far as keeping things quiet...umm yes...I do believe it can be done. I have a Top Secret security clearance....so I know all about what the gov can do with secrets. Did you know that there was a Steath Fighter aircraft prior to the ordeal in Panama with Noriega? One of the most expensive military secrets.
    J. Winter

Kimpatsu Guest

I'm not arguing anything. If I had psychic powers I wouldn't be stupid enough to display them in public. As far as me being a conspiracy theory nut....hmmm no Believe what you want. Why would it matter what I think? Though, the lack of proof of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist....course that works in reverse too,

Do you think there is a God? If you do. How is that different from the paranormal? Can you prove his/her/it's existence for me please?

As far as keeping things quiet...umm yes...I do believe it can be done. I have a Top Secret security clearance....so I know all about what the gov can do with secrets. Did you know that there was a Steath Fighter aircraft prior to the ordeal in Panama with Noriega? One of the most expensive military secrets.
    No, I don't believe in god. I don't believe in anything paranormal. You claim to have the paranormal ability, it's up to you to prove it. If chakras are real, then everything we think we know about the universe and about human anatomy is wrong. Demonstrate your claims, and not only will you win $1 million, you'll also win a Nobel prize.
    As to secrecy, the Watergate conspiracy involved less than 12 people, and they couldn't even that secret. Psychic powers could never be kept under wraps if they really existed; evidence of their existence would inevitably come to light. How secret was the Panamanian stealth fighter? Not very; you know about it, and now everyone who reads this thread will, too.
    Finally, if you don't take the test, it can only mean one of two things.
    1. You know that you'll fail, and as the test is scrupulously fair, that must mean that you know your claims are bogus.
    2. You're really selfish; even if you don't want the money personally, win it and donate it to charity.

Likes (received)

LOL...I never said I had any psychic or paranormal ability....so I would indeed fail any test.

Watergate...bah...bunch of bumbling idiots really..but I'll concede to that one. As for the Stealth Fighter...ummm....it's been public knowledge since 1986...or do you not watch CNN? It had been around for 10 years prior to that. No one knew a thing about it till the Panamanian crisis. Anyway...they were a huge player in the Gulf War....so I didn't reveal anything.....but nice try.

And I don't think I would be selfish if I had psychic ability and didn't get the money. I would however try to teach it to those I thought were mature enough to use such a thing in a manner to benifit man...not in some adverse way...otherwise I would keep it secret.

Happy Holidays
    J. Winter

Kimpatsu Guest

LOL...I never said I had any psychic or paranormal ability....so I would indeed fail any test.
    So now you're saying that you CAN'T "manipulate your chakras through meditation"? Are you really withdrawing your comment at the start of this thread?
    Watergate...bah...bunch of bumbling idiots really..but I'll concede to that one. As for the Stealth Fighter...ummm....it's been public knowledge since 1986...or do you not watch CNN? It had been around for 10 years prior to that. No one knew a thing about it till the Panamanian crisis. Anyway...they were a huge player in the Gulf War....so I didn't reveal anything.....but nice try.
    The stealth fighter was known since at least the mid-1970s, before it ever got to fly.
    Besides, you are citing single classified incidents, whereas govenment suppression of psychic phenomena would be ongoing, analagous to hiding the fact that the entire Masai Mara people don't exist. That really would be an impossible feat.
    And I don't think I would be selfish if I had psychic ability and didn't get the money. I would however try to teach it to those I thought were mature enough to use such a thing in a manner to benifit man...not in some adverse way...otherwise I would keep it secret.
    In other words, you would deny the money to the orphans? And you don't think that's selfish? Now, there's righteous hypocrisy for you.
    Further, what makes you think you could "teach" psychic abilities? What if such abilities were predicated upon certain genetic factors, like race or eye colour?
    I would still like to know whether you are indeed withdrawing your original comment about chakras, though.

Likes (received)

LOL...you confuse me with someone else sir. I am not the originator of this topic. I never did say I could manipulate my chakras. I just commented that just because we haven't seen proof of something doesn't mean it doesn't or can't exist.

As for the F117 Stealth Fighter...you are wrong. I have been in the Air Force for over 19 years...so I believe I am the subject matter expert here on military aircraft....not you.

The government doesn't cover up things like that...to include but not limited to existence of UFO's...they just deny any knowledge of it.

The existence of Area 51 was denied for many years...till the Clinton administation revised The Freedom of Information Act which made alot of before classified information open to the general publice....cept those things that were considered vital to National Security. The idea of National Security is very broad...so please try to refrain on commenting what you feel to be a national security matter and not what the government feels to be one...I assure you they aren't the same thing.

However...it seems you like to argue, just for arguing sake. It might be a way of how you justify your existence. So I am not going to comment further on this topic....perhaps no more aruging will come of this..so maybe then you don't really exist?....LOL That's meant as a joke btw.

Again.....Happy Holidays.
    Last edited by Mushin Ronin; 21st December 2004 at 07:32.
    J. Winter

Kimpatsu Guest

LOL...you confuse me with someone else sir. I am not the originator of this topic. I never did say I could manipulate my chakras. I just commented that just because we haven't seen proof of something doesn't mean it doesn't or can't exist.
    So you think it's possible that Santa Claus exists?
    As for the F117 Stealth Fighter...you are wrong. I have been in the Air Force for over 19 years...so I believe I am the subject matter expert here on military aircraft....not you.
    The government doesn't cover up things like that...to include but not limited to existence of UFO's...they just deny any knowledge of it.
    And denial is tantamount to an admission. Earlier you were claiming a cover-up by the government concerning psychics; now you're saying there's no cover-up, just denial, but if the truth comes out, you let the chips fall where they may.
    BTW, I read about the stealth fighter as early as 1974/75 in ordinary magazines. So, no cover-up there.
    The existence of Area 51 was denied for many years...till the Clinton administation revised The Freedom of Information Act which made alot of before classified information open to the general publice....cept those things that were considered vital to National Security. The idea of National Security is very broad...so please try to refrain on commenting what you feel to be a national security matter and not what the government feels to be one...I assure you they aren't the same thing.
    But everyone knew that Area 51 was government land, hence the nut jobs thinking its a repository for a crashed alien spaceship and EBEs.
    Now, to clarify: Are you claiming that the government has evidence of psychic powers, and is locking up psychics to keep the secret?
    However...it seems you like to argue, just for arguing sake.
    Funny; I was thinking the same thing about you. Either that, or you are incapable of expressing yourself clearly.
    It might be a way of how you justify your existence.
    And how do you justify your existence? Through your bad spelling and grammar?
    So I am not going to comment further on this topic....perhaps no more aruging will come of this..so maybe then you don't really exist?....LOL That's meant as a joke btw.
    Don't give up your day job.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast