Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Negishi ryu shurikenjutsu

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Lovato View Post
    There used to be a guy in Ca. who made a set of 5 for $75.00, but I cant find his webpage. If you are looking for plans, secrets-of-shuriken website has very nice drawings.
    Ed Green of http://www.budoweapons.com/welcome.htm makes some mighty fine blades at very reasonable prices.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonW View Post
    Ed Green of http://www.budoweapons.com/welcome.htm makes some mighty fine blades at very reasonable prices.
    HI

ed green is to be avoided at all costs.

Do a search on all the forums. He took a lot of money and never provided the goods.

This was several years ago and he is still not active
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Default negishi ryu

Large and small Negishi Ryu Available @ www.myofuandojo-ct.com

Matt Hurlburt
    Myofu-an Dojo Connecticut

Likes (received)

Exclamation Message From Negishi-ryu Honbu

Negishi-ryu shuriken are not sold commercially. Imitations are occasionally being sold both in Japan and abroad. Buyer beware!

At an advanced stage in a disciples training, they are taught the production methods of Negishi-ryu shuriken. These methods, which include specific dimensions and techniques for careful balancing are a trade secret. The Negishi-ryu name and shuriken design are trademarks under Japanese law. There is a lot of confusion as to what a Negishi-ryu shuriken actually looks like, apart from it being octagonal in shape. Over the decades people have been trying to forge them based on speculation, vague descriptions and photographs floating around the internet. I have seen many varieties and thrown some of them too. The proof of the pudding is always in the eating. It may look good, but if it fails to fly consistently over a distance of 6-8 meters, you know you have a dud.

Negishi-ryu shuriken are handmade by senior disciples for personal use. Negishi-ryu is a koryu and students take an oath of secrecy upon admission. Today, there are only a handful of people who actually know how to make them. None of these people would try to make a quick a buck by selling them to the general public. Keep this in mind and buyer beware.

David Kawazu-Barber
    Regional Director, Negishi-ryu Honbu

Likes (received)

I think we live now in 2012 and too many People (even in Japan) put too much in secrets what is no more too secret.

Everybody who work with Steel and know something about Shuriken can copy a Bo-Shuriken.

For Shuriken Nage it is important to have a Set with the same Weight and balance point. Even i dont train in Negishi Ryu, but i seen already some different Negishi Ryu blades and there is no difficulties to copie them, just need alot of Time.
    If you have 3 differend Sets of Negishi Blades you have the same Problem with balance point.
    Maybe it gives a special technique to make the wrap of the handle, but also this can be copied when checked out a original one.

Because there are no nice copies are sold online what i agree (most copies are wrong dimensions, not straight or ugly) and even not in Japan, i decided in April to start making them also for myself only, but so many requests that i decided also put them in my Webshop where i sell handmade Bo-Shuriken from different Ryu-ha for everybody who is interested in good Quality.
    I also put alot of Work in each of them (Negishi Style) and need abt 3-4 hrs to make them by hand.
    There is no Problem for me with the throw....

So for my opinion, everybody who practise Shurikenjutsu should be able to throw with Negishi Ryu Techniques every Negishi Ryu Shuriken, however the Size or weight is and i know this knows everybody who study a traditional School of Shurikenjutsu, if not i would worry me.
    Even i dont throw with Negishi Technique but other School technique, i have no Problem with the result.

Most of the People who dont train in Negishi Ryu, want it for collection or just want to throw a simular size and weight, so i dont think there gives any Problems how long they know how to handle with Shuriken.

Balance point can be changed easy when changing the Tip shorter or longer.

Every Shuriken School had his secrets for size, weight and balance point, but today the Schools what still exist are opened for almost everybody and are nomore the same like at the beginning, that can say everything is still top secret.

Christian Koch
    Bujinkan Dojo Ludwigshafen, Germany
    www.bujinkan-lu.de
    www.shinobiya.de

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2