Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Obi Tying

rurouni69 Guest

Default Obi Tying

I am having some trobule finding a good way to tie my obi. I am signing up to an Iaito dojo and I STILL can't find a way to tie it. Can Someone help me?

Aaron

Likes (received)

Default Re: Obi Tying

Originally posted by rurouni69
    I am having some trobule finding a good way to tie my obi. I am signing up to an Iaito dojo and I STILL can't find a way to tie it.

Can Someone help me?
    Yes. Your new sensei can.

He or she will be the best person to tell you the preferred method in your school.

In the mean time, here is an excellent set of links from another thread on this topic, found using the E-Budo search feature and typing "obi knot" as parameters:

[Edit] Sorry, the links don't work anymore. I'll see what I can find and post again later.
    Last edited by Brian Owens; 31st October 2004 at 11:04.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Andy Buttafuoco Guest

Thumbs up ordering clothes and supplies.

I'm sure all of you have websites that you order clothes and supplies from, but I have to share this website with you. Their prices are reasonable and they have prompt delivery. I ordered a hakama from www.ebogu.com and I received it within two days. Very cool site. enjoy.

Likes (received)

Default Re: ordering clothes and supplies.

Originally posted by Andy Buttafuoco
    I'm sure all of you have websites that you order clothes and supplies from, but I have to share this website with you. Their prices are reasonable and they have prompt delivery. I ordered a hakama from www.ebogu.com and I received it within two days. Very cool site. enjoy.
    E-Bogu is one of the sites many of us go to when we need something; they have a lot of good stuff.

They have an interesting hakama design with stitching on the inner pleats that helps them to hold their shape.

Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Default names of hakama ties

The kimonoo.net site had a few methods for wearing the hakama. Can anyone provide the proper names for each method?
    Erin O'Neill

Likes (received)

Default Re: names of hakama ties

Originally posted by O'Neill
    The kimonoo.net site had a few methods for wearing the hakama. Can anyone provide the proper names for each method?
    The page I think you're refering to had three different hakama knots shown.

Going from left to right the labels read:

Jyumonji -- Figure-ten shaped. From the kanji for "ten" which looks like "+"

Ichimonji -- Figure-one shaped. From the kanji for "one" which looks like "-"

Musubigiri -- Cutting Knot? Not sure what that one means.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Brian Owens; 28th October 2006 at 04:24.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

ebogu has a good idea, I think I'll buy one.
    Joel Habbershaw

Asher_Henry Guest

I've ordered many a time from E-bogu and haven't had a problem with them since, the service is very good and shipping is extremely fast, (I ordered a kaku obi there and recieved it (with DHL ground service) literally the next day.)