Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninjutsu in koryu schools

InvisibleFist Guest

Default Ninjutsu in koryu schools

I've heard it mentioned in several places that several koryu schools such as the shinto-ryu have "ninjutsu" in their curriculum. What does the ninjutsu consit of in these schools? Silent walking? Rope climbing?

Likes (received)

I feel kind of weird calling you "invisiblefist" so whom ever you are, there was a prior discussion on this, it should be in the archives.

Carl McClafferty
    Carl McClafferty

Likes (received)

1. Real name in post.

2. Use the Search.

3. Bring a new question to the board.

4. Then maybe people will answer.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

Where is it? I'm curious. A search didn't find anything.
    Michael Kelly

Ironically neither a Niten Ichi practitioner or in fact a ninja.

InvisibleFist Guest

I tried searching. All I found was a bunch of arguments about whether Bujinkan is koryu.

Likes (received)

Hello,

I've heard it mentioned in several places that several koryu schools such as the shinto-ryu have "ninjutsu" in their curriculum. What does the ninjutsu consit of in these schools? Silent walking? Rope climbing?
    Several koryu schools do have "ninjutsu" for lack of a better word as you have said.

However, I think you will probably find that there are only a handful of people in each school that really know about these kinds of techniques and that those people aren't talking. Can't really blame them either. By their very definition, techniques of that nature are not usually given out easily.

The best you will probably get on a message board like this one is pure speculation, or worse yet, rumor.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Regards,

Ron Beaubien

Likes (received)

Dave Lowry wrote of one instance in his book Persimmon Winds. It details a secret method of sneaking into a traditional Japanese house by urinating into the tracks of the outside sliding shutters. The pee lubricates the shutters and prevents squeaking. For details read his book.
    James A. Crippen

Likes (received)

Have I stumbled into the movie Groundhog Day or something? Haven't we done this to death in another thread somewhere?

A horny boyfriend peeing on the window runners so he can sneak into his girlfriend's room at night (the time-honored tradition of yobai, or "night-crawling") is not ninjutsu, dammit. Can we move on, please?
    Earl Hartman

InvisibleFist Guest

Not unless you're willing to post the location of the thread.

Likes (received)

Likes (received)

Man, I missed you guys over the holidays. It's good to be back into the swing of things
    Matthew Snowden
    -The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight.

InvisibleFist Guest

That thread is on a totally different issue: "Were the Yagyu clan ninjas?"

TSKSR has publically owned a Ninjutsu syllabus. I'm asking what that might mean.

Likes (received)

Hi

Yagyu were not ninja and still are not.

A simple search in hisotry books and on the web you will soon discover that the Yagyu and associated schools were Kenjutsu schools. One of these specifically sword instructors to the Tokugawa shoguns. - Common knowledge.

As for the Katori shinto ryu.
    A published or openly available ninjutsu curriculum doe snot exist. I also doubt that many members of the Ryuha today know of the actual contents of that section of the school, those that have studied that section and those that know of its contents will for the forseeable future ever consider exposing it. A breech of such ettiquette would never happen.These people have too much repsect for there Ryu and their soke/shihan.

I remember the one about the boy peeing on the door etc when visiting his girlfriend. My GF would murder me if I did that, guaranteed fact, you should have seen what happened to the dog whwn it puked on her bed yesterday.
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

InvisibleFist Guest

Is it possible then that that syllabus does not exist? That TSKSR is just trying to add a little ooga-booga to their rep??

Likes (received)

You know that other forum you are on? Funny, we just had a warning about trolls from there.

I wouldn't think TSKSR needs any help on their rep. Seems like it usually goes the other way.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast