Hello,
I will be opening a school and have been trying to come up with a name. A little backround. I study Okinawan Kenpo and kobudo (Sekechi (sp)Oda Sensi was head of the system till he passed away) This will be the main focus of the school but also wanted to open it up to other disaplines, as in renting or leasing space. I was not going to limit it to japanese martial arts either. Hell it doesnt even have to be a martial art (yoga and pilates come to mind) As long as they are serious and committed to there art. So it will be ideally a mix of styles and disaplines. I would like to come up with an name that reflects this broad scope. Any suggestions? Also I would like to hear from other people that run schools and also lease space out to others. How do you work the contracts with the sub-leasers? Is it feasable/recommended to do something like this in the first place. I would love to hear from those that have been down this road.
Matt Wolfson

"There will be people in the world who think that even if you learn martial arts, this will not prove useful when a real need arises. Regarding this concern, the true science of martial arts means practicing them in such a way that they will be useful at any time, and teach them in such a way that they will be useful in all things" -Musashi