Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aikijujutsu in Pennsylvania

thrutheis Guest

Default Aikijujutsu in Pennsylvania

Hi can anyone recomend an AJJ dojo in pennsylvania, preferably east of Harrisburg?
    thanks in advance,
    b. speaker

Likes (received)

Default AJJ in PA

I'd suggest contacting Ron Tisdale. Ron's a Yoshinkan black belt who's consistently participated in Kondo Sensei's seminars (including his invitation-only sessions in Baltimore last spring) and an all-around great guy. You can find his contact info on the E-budo.com members list, or send me a PM.
    Rick Fine
    Kim Soo Martial Arts
    Daito-ryu Study Group
    Austin, Texas

Likes (received)

Ack! Imagine anybody contacting me about anything! Thanks for the plug Rick. I'm afraid I can't really suggest too much...The Baltimore group is the most consistant group I've trained with, but the Itten dojo folks have had excellent people in from time to time. I don't think they really stress that side (Daito ryu) in their current curriculm, but they make up for it with instructors like Ellis Amdur, the Skosses, and some other fine folk. There are some study groups out of Baltimore in southern Jersey I believe...if you contact the Aiki Martial Arts Institute (http://www.aikimartialarts.com/aboutus.shtml) they can point you in the best direction for those contacts. Be advised...I think they may only be interested in folks who can make and keep commitments (rightly so).

Best,
    Ron

Likes (received)

James Mullins, who headed the Daito-ryu study group within Itten Dojo is now out on his own and is just east of Harrisburg. James trains under Okabayashi Shogen in what was formerly Daito-ryu Hakuhokai but is now Hakuho-ryu Aikibudo.

A web search on Hakuho-ryu should yield contact information.

Likes (received)

I would highly recommend Okabayashi Sensei and his students. When I met and trained with him at the Itten dojo, it was a wonderfull experience.

RT

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Ron Tisdale
    I would highly recommend Okabayashi Sensei and his students. When I met and trained with him at the Itten dojo, it was a wonderfull experience.

RT
    I'll second that. Hey Ron-san.

Amos
    Amos Smith
    Kodama Dōjō
    608-345-8807
    www.chicagobudokai.com

Likes (received)

Hello B. Speaker,

Please contact me in email (Kendoguy9@aol.com) for some potential Daito-ryu in your area. Maybe a 30-45 min drive.
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.