Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Happened To Cartoon Network

Likes (received)

Angry What Happened To Cartoon Network

I know this is really late as it's been going on for months, but COME ON. Miguzi is possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to television. Sorry for those of you who love it, but I am entitled to my own opinion and I personally think it SUCKS. I'm allowed to say sucks, right? Can we get a moderator over here?

I love a lot of what I perceive to be high quality anime, yet all of it is gone from Toonami. Now it is only on adult swim, which I haven't watched in months due to my new increase in meds (zyprexa, do a search for it if you are curious) - yes, they make me very tired very early, not what I'm used to feeling like. Anway, does anyone else want to take the proverbial head of miguzi and place it on a stick? It'll be fun, trust me! There'll be a nice parade, music, etc. Come on!

Likes (received)

Cartoon Network has some serious suck programs out there - I mean really, Ninja Turtles?

Adult Swim and Megas XLR are about the only things worth watching at the moment.

Harvey Moul

Fish and visitors stink after three days - Ben Franklin

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
    Cartoon Network has some serious suck programs out there - I mean really, Ninja Turtles?

Adult Swim and Megas XLR are about the only things worth watching at the moment.

Tonnami does seem in the UK to be going downhill. When it changed from CNX, that would show Asain MA films and some really good kick !!! China Extreme, they changed it to Toonami.

Now they are showing Mucha Lucha, load of Dragaonball and Bayblade. Megas XLR is on at 9:30am. Adult Swim is not here as of yet. Samurai Jack is on late night (after 9PM) and through the night. Even the Big O is on late. All the decent shows that are worth watching are on late and you end up missing them if you don't program the digibox to remind you.
    "people speak of fallen angels. The Bible, in Genesis, mentions these fallen angels as sons of God, or in some Bibles they're called the Watchers. These were an entity, an incubus-type spirit which impregnated the women of the Earth and produced this race of people called the Nephilim. They supposedly taught man of war, magic and astrology." Carl McCoy

W.H. Northcote

Likes (received)

Grim Adventures is fun as well, but most of the good stuff is on late at night. Thankfully, we now have TiVo or their equivalents.

Harvey Moul

Likes (received)

What happend to Kenshin?
    Jonathan Wood

Likes (received)

Shito

You might throw in The Family Guy, have a alot of respect for Stewie.

Venture Brothers are good for a laugh as well.

Chris Thomas

Ben Bartlett Guest

The problem may stem from the fact that while Cartoon Network and the WB used to have different execs, at some point the WB execs took over both networks. So now, Cartoon Network has become a dumping ground for the WB's cartoons. There are still some real gems there, but not as many as there once were.

Likes (received)

Do people actually watch Samurai Jack, or is it a British thing?
    "people speak of fallen angels. The Bible, in Genesis, mentions these fallen angels as sons of God, or in some Bibles they're called the Watchers. These were an entity, an incubus-type spirit which impregnated the women of the Earth and produced this race of people called the Nephilim. They supposedly taught man of war, magic and astrology." Carl McCoy

W.H. Northcote

Likes (received)

They need to put Dexter and Johnny Bravo back in regular rotation.
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,
    Tatsujin Photography & Design

Likes (received)

the UK has only just got Pet alien and KND: Kids next door. All the rest are repeats.

W.H. Northcote

Likes (received)

Most fellow geeks I know loved Samurai Jack, but it rarely gets any airtime now.

I agree - Johnny Bravo and Dexter were good and would be a welcome replacement for for all the Japanese Pokemon ripoffs. End up watching National Geographic or the History Channel instead.

Who else loves watching the Venture Brothers for their blatent Johnny Quest lampooning? Not to forget "Brock Samson" - the mullet wearing, testosteroned cross between Race Bannon and Doc Samson.

Harvey Moul

Likes (received)

Who else loves watching the Venture Brothers for their blatent Johnny Quest lampooning? Not to forget "Brock Samson" - the mullet wearing, testosteroned cross between Race Bannon and Doc Samson.
    I don't know about you, but I do like me a good epsiode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
    Jonathan Wood

Likes (received)

You are simply incapable of comprehending the genius of the teenage mutant ninja turtles because you are not currently between the ages of 13 and 22 or somewhere there abouts. Its not your fault, that's just the way it is.
    Grandmaster, Soke, Dr. Julian Gerhart Phd

10th dan Fakuyu ryu Jujutsu
    8th dan Babikyu ryu Ninjutsu
    7th dan Meriwana ryu Aikido
    4rd dan Chipu baduka ryu Iaido

Likes (received)

I am quite surprised by the work of Genndy Tartakovsky for doing animations of The Powerpuff Girls, Dexters Labratory and Samurai Jack. When I grew up it was Battle of the Planets and silly cartoons like Care bears and Transformers in the 80's. I actually like the cartoon network for some of the programs. Even Maxwell Atoms Grim and Evil and the Grim adventures are all far to comical for the children to uderstand (or do we as adults look into it a bit more than kids?).

W.H. Northcote

Likes (received)

Cartoon network is quite often not at all for children.
    Harvey Moul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast