Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Mas Oyama for real?

Troll Basher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bustillo, A.
    1.) & 2.) I simply made a comment like everyone else on here. When you asked I answered that my opinion was based on my personal experience with him. I specifically stated I didn't want to elaborate further because it'd be trashing him three years after the fact needlessly. (Please note this is the third time I answer the same question.)

A.) Mas Oyama, no. Shigeru Oyama and his brother, yes, M. Monaco, yes, and a few othesr from the old KK organization. Ninomiya, of Enshin karate, obviously, as well as many former ex-Ashihara reps. Be assured Bluming was not H. Ashihara's teacher.

B.) This is only drumming things up from the article. Is this what you really want to get at? I mentioned in an earlier post, something to the effect that his version is loaded with false statements. Besides, even if I wanted it's too long and complicated to list the actual chain of events.

2) Nonetheless, think about it for a second. Do you actually believe I, or anyone else can ask for a dan rank? What organization works this way? And, in the event someone did request rank, what does that say for the Head Man giving dan ranks out just because someone asked.
    1) Just wanted to know about Bluming’s comments on Oyama, not about Bluming.
    A) You never met Oyama….that’s too bad. I doubt Bluming was Ashihara’s “teacher”….training partner maybe….but not teacher.
    B) Say no more.
    2) It doesn’t bode well does it.

England - either in the far north or far south depending on the time of year.
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Basher
    2) It doesn’t bode well does it...
    The reason I joined this forum was this thread. I was doing some research into Oyama. About six months ago that inevitably lead me to Bluming, as he is the only one that I've found who condradicts a lot of what Oyama is said to have done. And that lead me to Antonio Bustillo.

After all, if Bluming's story is innaccurate then it makes people more sympathetic to a lot of the stories on Masutatsu Oyama such as those on Fightingmasters.com (fighting the bulls, etc...). Yet, Mr. Bustillo, you have failed consistently to answer the question put to you by Troll Basher: "What part of Bluming's story is innaccurate?"

I, for one, am very interested to know.
    Alexander Malt

What an imaginative nickname I have.

"I know I'm good looking! Its convincing the girls thats the trouble." - Me.

Likes (received)

For reasons unrelated to this thread, several of the people to whom you are addressing your questions are no longer members of E-budo. Therefore, I suggest that you try e-mailing them directly.

Likes (received)

Ah, sorry 'bout that!

Thanks for the help.
    Alexander Malt

Likes (received)

After a conversation I had with Mr. Bustillo this morning,this is what Antonio had to say about the situation.

re Bluming on Mas Oyama.

I don't recall saying that Bluming's account of Mas Oyama is completely inaccurate. I happen to agree with some of it. However, it's hard to believe all of his accounts.
    From my personal experience in dealing with him I have seen how he conveniently twist facts to try and make others look bad. Look at his track record Bluming trashes W. Ruska , L. Hollander,r Bobby Lowe and his version of what happened between him and Cook has been highly debated. Additionally, in the Fightingarts.com article, in one way or another he practically trashes everybody he mentions including major heads in kyokushin and makes himself out to be "the only real KK man". Far from it.

In the video of the Bluming's Seattle seminar from a couple of years ago you'll see that his technical knowledge in stand-up is lacking, his real skill is in judo. And to make a long story short, his claim that Fernando Aguilar and I asked him for rank is a joke; for months Bluming was the one begging us to to join with him. In closing, Bluming's claim that he was the major influence in Ashihara karate system is laughable as well. Therefore, that's why you can't take all of Bluming's claims seriously.
    Last edited by hectokan; 19th April 2006 at 21:26.
    Hector Gomez
    "Todo es Bueno"

Likes (received)

Mr. Gomez,

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Alexander Malt

Likes (received)

Mr. Malty,

If you read his autobiography he does just about trash everyone in his path or who he has encountered. A major statement he made was Ashihara died a drunk and pennieless. Ashihara died from Lou Gherigs disease.

He also made claims about several South Florida guys like Bustillo and Aguilar and trash talks them both. I have trained alongside both of these men and they are top notch Budoka, who take their training to a sadistic level at times. He had two other South Florida guys in his organization, whom are no longer affiliated after a year, that applied for gained rank and then were promoted again in a simple months time. These guys were not in the same league as Bustillo and Aguilar.

I believe I have a copy of a seminar Bluming teaches, I throw it in for a laugh every now and then. If you'd like a copy contact me offline. His Judo is good, but stand up Karate well......

regards,

Mike Mitchell

Likes (received)

Default Jon Bluming and Ashihara?

Hello everyone, I also echo Maddogs assessment. Antonio is not only a top notch karate ka, he proved it in the Miami streets as a law enforcement officer. There my friends, are no referees, bugo helmets, gloves or anything else. Pick up a copy of Steady Training, good reading.
    Manny Salazar
    Submisson Sabaki

Likes (received)

Manuel Ghandi Salazar,

How are you my Budo Brother? I wanna do that new nude partner yoga with one of those beautiful Indian ladies you take those classes with... I'd go vegetarian with one of them.

Hey I also heard the reason Bluming got mad was that two former members of his association brought their mad dog over to one of the dojos and he marked a few place over there LOL

Mike Mitchell

Likes (received)

Default Down-ward-Dog

My brother, how are you? Not only that, but I seem to remember people having rank that hadn't thrown a kick since the turn of the century. Go figure.

Mike, I gotta catch up with you brother.
    Manny Salazar
    Submisson Sabaki

Likes (received)

Mr. Mitchell and Mr. Salazar,

Many thanks.
    Alexander Malt

Likes (received)

Default Mas Oyama and Jon Bluming: the untold truth

So I heard (from a legit source) that at the time, just before they fell out, Oyama visited the Netherlands to straighten out a dispute with Bluming. During one of their meetings, Bluming was trying to negotiate a lower membership fee, which is normally to be paid to the Honbu (head organisation) in Tokyo. Oyama rightfully, did not accept this, and at one point during their conversation, he hit the steel top of a solid table, which was in the room, with his bare fist. He hit the steel table top so hard, that there was a big dent visible to the shocked onlookers in the room. After that, Bluming gave in, and agreed to pay the membership fees that his organisation was due to the Honbu in Tokyo. Oyama was amicable in person, but he was not someone you could mess with in business. He was a legit badass and is an undisputed legend, period.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5