Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai / Nihon Kobudo Kyokai / Nippon Budokan

Default Nippon Budokan

I have had a request from someone seeking the following information.
    If anyone could assist I would appreciate it - perhaps with a PM response.

He is looking for Nippon Budokan Foundation (Zaidan Houjin Nippon Budokan)and a directory of the Nihon Kobudou Association (Nihon Kobudou Kyoukai) members.

Thank you

Frances Haynes

CourageousHeart Bujinkan
    www.courageousheart.com.au
    Frances Haynes

CourageousHeart Bujinkan

Likes (received)

Likes (received)

Check the thread E-Budo.com > Koryu Bujutsu > Jujutsu > Jujutsu Koryu Styles for a romanized list too.
    Daniel Lee

Default nippon budokan

Much thanks!
    Frances Haynes

CourageousHeart Bujinkan

Likes (received)

Default Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai / Nihon Kobudo Kyokai / Nippon Budokan

Do these books contain any other information about the ryu besides headmasters and location? Like branches off the mainline/succession or description of the schools and their study?

Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai
    Nihon Kobudo Kyokai

I know they are in Japanese, I cannot read (or obtain) them yet.

Thanks for the help.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

My question makes no sense unless you realize that I had the names of the organizations mixed up with the list of ryu recognized by them in book form that I believed was referred to on koryu.com and other places.

Sorry for the moronics, can someone please clarify?

edited: If it isn't perfectly freakin clear, I desire a sort of encyclopedia of ryu as recognized by the organizations and I was sure there was such a japanese text or two. But there may well not be. It is hard to get much knowledge even by searching through thousands of threads here.

god was there something in my water tonight?
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

Default Here?

Hello.
    I think that what you meant is something like the "Nihon Kobudo Soran" published by the Kobudo Kyokai group a few years back (Heisei 9?)....It can be purchased here:
    Nihon Kobudo Soran at Budogu.com
    .....I think this is what you want....Although it is not comprehensive it contains information and contact details for all the Koryu in the Nihon Kobudo Kyokai and there are interesting sections on the various Itto Ryu lines...
    The book is divided into sections such as "Taijutsu/Jujutsu", "Kenjutsu", "Sojutsu", "Hojutsu" and such....With a large amount of information on each school mentioned...It is a book that is well worth having if you intend to train or contact the Koryu involved...
    It also has a basic map for those who can't understand the Japanese address system....Heh....
    Hope it helps?
    Regards...
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

Thank you Mr. Sharples, that is exactly what I was looking for. It is referred to in so many of the various websites I have read that tracking it down was getting irritating.

Thanks again,
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------

Likes (received)

Default Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai and Nihon Kobudo Kyokai

I am looking for information about a certain ryu and isn't listed neither on koryu.com nor here.
    I was wondering if there is a comprehensive list, available on the Internet, of ryuha names associated with the Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai or the Nihon Kobudo Kyokai. Japanese is ok.
    --Leonardo Boiko

Likes (received)

Here is the website for Nihon Kobudo Kyokai, which has a list that is in Japanese.

http://www.nipponbudokan.or.jp/shink..._1/index9.html
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Thanks George, that's exactly what I was looking for. Strangely, I'm getting timeouts when trying to connect from here. My friends from Japan and USA say that it's working ok, I hope is a temporary router issue.
    --Leonardo Boiko

Likes (received)

The last issue of "Budo" Magazine (In Japanese) carried pages full of info. Ryu in the Nihon Kobudo Kyokai were invited to use the pages to show who they were, who was in each ryu and where etc. Nothing flashy more like a group meishi.

This was ours.

http://www.hyoho.com/meib.jpg

To add to that there seems to be a number of groups in foreign countries that are now advertizing that they are "members" of the Nihon Kobudo Kyokai. I am not trying to be officious but feel there is perhaps a need to put up a bit of info on this for the benefit of anyone wanting to join a club/group that make these claims.

This is not possible. To gain entry into the association each Ryu must provide clear proof of succession and ability in "Japan only". In turn each Ryu are asked at the begining of each year to provide a list of members that will take part in Nihon Kobudo Kyokai events. Needless to say it is in the best interests of each ryu to only submit the most experienced of their Ryu. We have six.

This does "not" include foreign members living outside Japan although there is trend to let visiting foreign members sometimes take part to show a certain intanashionaru flavor.

The Kyokai is closely linked to Nippon Budokan. Both the previous retired and present chairman were working there and have the time, experience and connections to organize us.

To put it clearly any other countries group claiming to be members are a fraud.

I am told that the The Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai is a smaller more select group linked with Kobudo Kyokai in respect that some of the same ryu are members of both. Membership to this seems to be more advanced. My name was submitted early last year to do a demonstration this coming July.

Sadly we only get around eight to ten minutes to do our thing at these events.

This is as much as I have gleaned up to now and would be pleased if anyone can add to that.
    Hyakutake Colin

All the best techniques are taught by survivors.

http://www.hyoho.com

Likes (received)

Default Nihon Kobudo Enbu Taikai 2005

Hello,

The 28th Nihon Kobudo Enbu Taikai will take place this Sunday, February 13th, at the new Hyogo Prefectural Budokan from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm.

I don't have to demonstrate this year, but I'll be heading down from Tokyo to take photos instead.

There will be 33 ryuha demonstrating and it is generally considered the best koryu bujutsu demonstration of the year. If you will be in the area, I recommend that you consider attending. It only costs 500 yen for adults and 300 yen for children.

Here is more information on the demonstration:

http://www.nipponbudokan.or.jp/shinkou/html_1/28.html

http://www.hyogokenritsu-budokan.jp/now.html

I'll be going down on the 12th and probably visit Himeji Castle as the last time I saw it was probably 10 years ago. I'm also considering going to Engyoji on Mr. Shosha.

I'll be pretty busy during on the day of the demonstration, but don't be afraid to say hello if you see a guy with a large white lens stuck to his head.

Is anyone else planning to attend?

Any suggestions on any traditional sites or areas worth visiting near the city?

Regards,

Ron

Likes (received)

Yes I will be there. Rehearsal Saturday and we also plan to go to Himeji given the time.

I have to do something for NHK TV so I cant be sure whats happening yet.
    Hyakutake Colin

All the best techniques are taught by survivors.

http://www.hyoho.com

Likes (received)

So does that mean that we can expext to see you on T.V.? If so, can you give the details of when it will be shown?
    Matt Rose

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast