Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It's a long shot, but here goes...

Likes (received)

Default It's a long shot, but here goes...

It's a long shot, but do you guys know of any shorinji kempo kenshi in Canberra, Australia? After leaving Brisbane and moving to Canberra for work nearly 3 years ago, there's no branches here, hence no real training. Last month I met a ni-dan who recently came from Japan and we've been praticing and wondered if there's anymore kenshi here...

Cheers
    Phong

PS - I've continued to read this forum for the last few years but haven't posted anything as it feels awkward when I'm not practicing shorinji... in that time I have also tried a bit of karate, aikido and taekwondo, and although they're all good... it's just not the same... so I'm gald to be practicing shorinji again. Like the saying goes, you don't miss it until its gone.

Likes (received)

Hi Phong,

I’m glad you have hooked up with someone to train with. I know a few people in Canberra, but no kenshi.

Does it look like you will be staying there long? Are you still with the same employer?
    Cheers
    Colin Linz

Likes (received)

Hi Colin, yep still in the same job, and I'll be here for a few more years yet as I just bought an apartment here...

Also I will be overseas with work end of march to mid april, so will have to miss the taikai in Brisbane But Alexi, my training partner will be there.

Cheers
    Phong

Likes (received)

It’s a shame you will miss the Taikai. Are you going off on an Island holiday?
    Cheers
    Colin Linz