Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Southampton -> Berlin

Likes (received)

Default Southampton -> Berlin

Gassho!

I'm really hurting. And happy about it. Which is the surest sign that the last weekend wasn't just a dream of pain and fun. Adrian-sensei of SOTON with ten of his Kenshi and last not least Lee-sensei from Bournemouth and his wife Alyson, whom my wife and I had the honour of hosting, visit our little club here in Berlin.
    Since this is Adrian-senseis third visit and we also managed to get back to him (in every sense, I suppose) last year in July, I feel save to say that this has become a regular habit if not a tradition by now.
    We also hope to repeat last year's visit at the end of July in even greater numbers since our new Minarai definitely licked blood (I hope not literally, but I'm not sure).
    We're very grateful to all our visitor and hope they enjoyed their stay. We would gladly have any of them back anytime to show them around the city and train with them.
    It's good to have family! :-)

Kesshu,
    Jan Lipsius, Humboldt University Berlin Branch.
    Jan Lipsius
    少林寺拳法
    Shorinjikempo
    Humboldt University Berlin Branch

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." Gandhi

Likes (received)

Thumbs up Berlin = kempo, beer, pizzas

Check out the size of Jude’s (second from right) pizza. Is she thinking in ‘half for herself, half for others’?

It is always a pleasure to go to Berlin Humboldt University dojo. Nice people, nice food and hours and more hours of training. Thank you very much for your hospitality from all of us. I am definitely looking forward to my next visit.

And yes I am still aching too.

Juan
    Juan Battaner-Moro

Likes (received)

Yes thankyou Juan,

I keep finding new bruises, I very much enjoyed training with you guys. I look forward to seeing you in July.

Now we just need to become friends with a SK club in the Bahamas

BTW those of you not in the know it was a pizza for 3 of us......very nice it was too
    Jude Peel

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Likes (received)

Gassho to all of you in Berlin!

Wish I could have come again this year, but work was in the way this time - I really miss my student days when I could just skip a few lectures - they tend to get upset at work if I turn up a few days late telling stories about my unscheduled holiday....

Anyway, hope you are all well and hope to see as many as possible of you in July when you come over to experience the joys of English summer (snow, sleet and gale force winds usually)

Kesshu,
    Robert Dawson

Southampton University Shorinji Kempo Club
    http://www.soton.ac.uk/~shkempo/

Likes (received)

Default English summer

Hello Rob!

We really missed You, Jenny, Niki and Nick over here, too. And judging from last year's July I'm actually looking forward to the English summer! ;-)
    I'm also looking forward to all the pictures taken by our guests over here. Though it's usually not very funny to see myself doing techniques I thought I knew well on photos. Ah, well...

Yours,
    Jan.
    Jan Lipsius
    少林寺拳法
    Shorinjikempo

Likes (received)

Gassho!

Was that a cake?! I admire someones dedication if so! What is the date you are aiming for in July, or has that not been fixed yet? Unfortunatly you are going to miss Niki and Jenny when you come over, as Niki is going out to Romania to work in a hospital out there, and Jenny will be teaching in Greece, and neither will be back til the autumn.

Look forward to seeing the photos from the trip, and hope to see you guys soon,

Kesshu
    Robert Dawson

Southampton University Shorinji Kempo Club
    http://www.soton.ac.uk/~shkempo/

Likes (received)

Gassho

I just wanted to say thank you to all the Berlin Kenshi for their fantastic hospitality during our visit. In particular Jan and Angela who looked after Alison and myself. Not only did they welcome us to their home, Angela found time to make that amazing cake that you can see in the photo.( Although I am told Jan had a hand in it as well)
    We can't wait to see everybody again!

Lee
    Lee Sibley

U.K.S.K.F.
    Bournemouth Branch

Likes (received)

Default Hand in the cake

I'm washing my hands in innocence (as a certain clever Roman used to say)! I did not have my hands in the cake. At least not in the parts I didn't eat. And the help I was able to offer Angela was negligible. I lay on the bed in pain while she made it (three o'clock in the morning after one and before the next of Adrian-senseis training sessions!).

JL
    Jan Lipsius
    少林寺拳法
    Shorinjikempo

Likes (received)

Default Exams

Gassho!

As far as I know some of the Southampton Kenshi who visited us last weekend had belt-exams today ... so how did it go? We were all crossing our fingers for You!

Kesshu,
    Jan.
    Jan Lipsius
    少林寺拳法
    Shorinjikempo

Likes (received)

Thumbs up Nice

Dear All

Gassho

I really enjoyed the Berlin weekend and would like to apologise for having a cold and not being on top form.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the UTS in Durham and your visit to us in July.

Take care.

Kesshu

Ade
    A man with small testes should never get involved in a fight requiring cojones

Likes (received)

That last picture of the Kenshi performing chudan gyaku zuki is a great shot. You can see how everyone is performing the same technique with slight differences. A good example for trainng the eye to notice the varation.

But I also liked Ade Sensei's action pose . This is just the way I imagine him.

Out of curiosity, was this taken from a slow run-through of tenchiken dai ichi started from the unfamiliar migi chudan gamae. Doing things from the other side can really throw your form, but these Kenshi look pretty good to me.

Is that a matted Training area? It doesn't seem to have the seams and toe-breaker gaps of the usual matted Dojo.

Oh and that Cake looks a stunner!
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Wink Cake and beer

Dear All

Gassho

If you think that the cake looks impressive then you would die for the meat balls, and the pasta salad, and the sandwiches, and the pizza and the beer!

Fantastic weekend, a pleasure to teach, get there if you can is my advice.

Kesshu

Ade

PS more photos please Jan.
    A man with small testes should never get involved in a fight requiring cojones