Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aikijujutsu in Northern California?

zombieduck Guest

Default Aikijujutsu in Northern California?

I was hoping to find a AJJ dojo in northern california, preferably in the Silicon Valley, SF bay area. Any help would be appreciated.

Likes (received)

Mr. Clawson,

If you contact me, I may be able to provide you with some leads.

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

REEF Guest

Default dojos in San Francisco

I know there is a section for dojo searches, but that looked inactive to me
    So I am posting this here in hopes someone who has information would see it.

The one I have already found is the Yachigusa Ryu Aiki Jutsu Dojo. It does not seem to have a good background after I did a little search on it.

Thanks in Advance. I am new btw I am moving to San Francisco in 2 months.

Likes (received)

Mr. Qazi,

I merged your thread with the existing thread on Northern CA. This should help you get better visibility long term.

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

Likes (received)

There appears to be Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu Roppokai being taught through a The City of Newark, CA Community Activities. The classes are being taught by Mr. Shawn Douglass who is listed on the Roppokai's Contact Page .

I am hoping to take part in his classes during the next section.

Likes (received)

Likes (received)

Hello all, I'm new to E-Budo fourms.

In an effort to help not clutter the boards at all I am going to post here rather than starting a new thread.

I am going to be moving down to Azusa, Ca. in the near future and am seeking a Daito Ryu Aikijujitsu school. From some internet research and some word of mouth within my current AJJ dojo I have learned that there is a sensei located in Pasadena. The school has popped up in multiple public events including the city festivals and the Aiki expo, but for some reason I cannot find a name, address, phone number or email address.

If anyonce can be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dustin Acuff

Likes (received)

Default daito ryu

checking out my options,

I have seen that there is a showing of shorinji kempo and Danzan-Ryu Jujitsu in northern california. However are there any quality Daito-Ryu dojo's or study groups in the bay area.

Thanks
    Joseph Ortiz
    Traditional Japanese Jujutsu
    Mahopac NY

Likes (received)

In Newark, CA (look at the top of page 2):
    http://www.ci.newark.ca.us/externals...fbea071a50.pdf

There was also a group in Santa Cruz, but I beileve the teacher has moved on.

There are also two non Daito-Ryu aikijujutsu schools in the Bay Area I know of (not counting the "Zen Budokai" which is more modern jujtusu), Yachigusa-Ryu and the Sennin Foundation.
    Spencer Burns
    <a href="http://www.yachigusaryu.com/">Yachigusa-Ryu Aiki-Bugei</a>
    San Francisco, CA

Likes (received)

Default cool

I think the Daito Ryu sounds great, I will certainly check them out.

thanks
    Joseph Ortiz
    Traditional Japanese Jujutsu
    Mahopac NY

Likes (received)

I see how old this thread is, but does anyone have an updated lists of schools?

Likes (received)

The Hokutō Dōjō is operated by Dustin Acuff of the Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Kodokai in the Sacramento area in Roseville. He also teaches Ono-ha itto-ryu Hyoho under the headmaster line. Highly recommended: https://www.hokutodojo.com / https://www.facebook.com/hokutodojoroseville.

Name:  hokuto-dojo2022.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  136.4 KB
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai