Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pressure points for those of us with poor aim.

Likes (received)

Default youre wrong Rogier

i am a student of Professor T.A. Frazer who is one dillmans top three students you may have heard of him i do kiai jitsu jodoryu jujitsu kyusho jitsu and pressure point are very usefull on the ground not just to get in positions but also to go for K.O.s so obveously you dont what youre talking about '

Ajmma12

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by ajmma12
    i am a student of Professor T.A. Frazer who is one dillmans top three students you may have heard of him i do kiai jitsu jodoryu jujitsu kyusho jitsu and pressure point are very usefull on the ground not just to get in positions but also to go for K.O.s so obveously you dont what youre talking about '

Ajmma12
    One, posts must have your full name on them, not just your screen name. You agreed to this when you signed up.

Two, welcome to E-budo!

Three, read the previous posts on the thread and then we can talk. I personally don't buy into Dillman's ideas and techniques. Pressure points are good, I use them, even on the ground, but not that way. Pain is effective at making people do things, but there're people who can ignore it. My teacher's taught me a number of these, and I use them, but I'd never depend on them to save my life. I view them as whipped cream and a cherry, they're great on good ice cream, but useless alone, and they don't do a thing for bad ice cream.
    Same with pressure points. If your technique is good, the pressure point'll make it better. If you use it alone, it does nothing, and if your technique is lousy, the pressure point cannot make up for it.
    Trevor Johnson

Low kicks and low puns a specialty.

Likes (received)

I'm siding with mr. Johnson here. One fo our sensei is almost immune to pressure points. Last time I tried to use them, I got a real !!!-kicking...

regards. c.

Regards,
    Christophe van Eysendyck.

Peter Nicholson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cufaol
    I'm siding with mr. Johnson here. One fo our sensei is almost immune to pressure points. Last time I tried to use them, I got a real !!!-kicking...

regards. c.
    Have to agree there - one of the dan-grades I train with appears to either have no nerves at all, or they are buried deep enough to require drilling for...

That said, if your hands are there anyway, you might as well try it - it can add a little spice to a good technique!

Likes (received)

you may have heard of him
    Nope.

i do kiai jitsu
    So you yell at people and that knocks them out, right? Have you done this? Please, explain...

so obveously you dont what youre talking about
    Actually, it has been discussed all over the internet why Dillman is probably the one who isn't quite up on what he claims... But whatever.
    Matt Stone
    VIRTUS et HONOS
    "Strength and Honor"

Likes (received)

Ajmma12
    Yes, obveously.

Likes (received)

I do kiai jitsu jodoryu jujitsu kyusho jitsu and pressure point are very useful on the ground not just to get in positions but also to go for K.O.s so obviously you don’t know what you’re talking about '

Ajmma12
    We are talking about a real life situation, not the nice grappling that happens in judo or wrestling (and similar sports). In a ground situation where your opponent is not trying to get you in an arm lock or hold, but trying to put his fist through your head, these things just won't work.

Look at things like free fights where ground fighting usually amounts to:

1. person falls down
    2. opponent drops down on his chest (sitting position)
    3. opponent starts "free plastic surgery" on his face

You need to start looking at situation outside the dojo or seminars. Things that work during a dojo training or seminar might not always work outside. Remember that you are training with a partner. The keyword here is partner, your partner is giving you the opportunity to train a certain technique.

If you need a simple example:

Judo exams; If the person doing the exam is asked to perform some shoulder throws his partner isn't going to fully resist, otherwise it would be nearly impossible to show the required techniques.

I am a student of Professor T.A. Frazer who is one Dillmans top three students you may have heard of him
    How long have you been training with this pressure point stuff and do you train in any other arts or with any other teachers (or have you trained)? If not you can't really give a valid opinion. You need to be able to compare what you are being taught or test it in another setting then the dojo.

note:

I've made some changes to the quotes (spelling and grammar).
    Rogier van der Peijl

REAL SCOTSMEN WEAR KILTS because sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards!

Originally posted by Cady Goldfield
    Ah, what a cutie, Rogier. I'll bet a lot of ladies in Netherlands are mourning because you are out of circulation now!

Troll Basher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Johnson
    1) Lungs and heart rely on muscle action, which means that when you really pound the solar plexus, you can stop the lungs,
    2) and a strike on the chest can cause shock to a weak heart, as can a strike to the carotids.
    3) Part of my problem with the whole pressure point thing is the mystical cachet that it's garnered. I view it as a very practical thing, and it works in my hands as I have described above.
    1) The heart IS a muscle….for someone that works in the biology field I thought you would have known that.
    2) How do you know it works on the Carotids? Have you done it before?
    3) Just wondering who you trained in pressure points under…..care to drop a name?

Troll Basher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IchiRiKen1
    Alternately, if in the rear mount and attempting to get a choke onto your opponent, use said phoenix eye fist and drag the knuckle from the above mentioned point along the underside of the jawline... That'll get him to lift his head away from the pain instinctively, and "if do right, no can defense" since the pain makes you jerk your head up and back without thought...
    Just some thoughts...
    Good call.
    I also like to do a ridge hand under their nose to bring the head right up and then you can dial in a pretty sweet choke.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Basher
    Good call.
    I also like to do a ridge hand under their nose to bring the head right up and then you can dial in a pretty sweet choke.
    Chufeng showed me the one I described... By "show" I mean "used on me." Except instead of just running the knuckle down, he actually punched me at the jaw hinge about 6 times first... OW!
    Matt Stone
    VIRTUS et HONOS
    "Strength and Honor"

Troll Basher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    You know that military units don't emphasize unarmed hand to hand combat that much, right?
    Uh…they do now. At least the ARMY does.
    Recently all units are required to train in H-2H as part of their PT. I was “hired” (read asked) to teach them.

Troll Basher Guest

Ajmma12
    Well my teacher kicked Dillman out of his organization after going to only 6 seminars and I say Dillman’s full of crap. You wanna talk pressure points let's get it on!

Troll Basher Guest

Chufeng showed me the one I described... By "show" I mean "used on me." Except instead of just running the knuckle down, he actually punched me at the jaw hinge about 6 times first... OW!

I don't blame him.....has has to soften you up a bit before he works on you!

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Basher
    Uh…they do now. At least the ARMY does.
    Recently all units are required to train in H-2H as part of their PT. I was “hired” (read asked) to teach them.
    And I guess all those units I see in the morning around our camp doing Combatives is just a mirage... More uninformed commentary from a civilian who thinks he knows it all.
    Matt Stone
    VIRTUS et HONOS
    "Strength and Honor"

Troll Basher Guest

And I guess all those units I see in the morning around our camp doing Combatives is just a mirage... More uninformed commentary from a civilian who thinks he knows it all.
    Yes they are mirage Matt, and it's due to too much chi gong.
    Isn't it funny that people with no connection to the military know more than people that are in it or work for it......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast