Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Announcement

Likes (received)

Default Announcement

It is with profound sadness that the Senpokan Dojo announces the loss of one of its own. Bill Arno was taken from us on Monday, June 13, 2005, while in Japan representing the Senpokan dojo at the annual Mugai Ryu TaiKai.

Bill’s love for Japanese Sword Arts was second only to his love for his family. A dedicated family man, his best friends were his wife, son, and daughter. One of his happiest moments was when his wife Sue began training right beside him.

Along with Mugai Ryu Iaihyodo, Bill studied Toyama Ryu Batto Do, was a member of the US Federation of Batto Do, and was a frequent competitor in its Taikai’s.

Along with his family, Bill is survived by his Senpokan family. Our lives were enriched by his friendship, and we are diminished by his loss.

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, June 25th, at the Senpokan dojo in Costa Mesa, Ca... In lieu of flowers, a trust fund has been set up to assist with his children’s college expenses.

For details, please contact David Neeley at dave@davidneeley.com.
    Regards,

Dave Neeley

Senpokan dojo

Likes (received)

Default Our Condolances

The Mugai Ryu Kyokai of the Capital Area Budokai sends our deepest condolance to our fellow Mugai Ryu practitioners at the loss of one of our senior members.

Words are insufficient.

We will be in touch off-list, Dave.

Raymond Sosnowski
    Capital Area Budokai President
    Kyokai Co-founder

Likes (received)

I am glad I got to see his iai and briefly meet him in Tucson. It was clear to me that Senpokan, and JSA, was an important part of his life. Very sorry to hear about it, and I hope his friends and family draw strength from each other.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

Default Condolences

We of the MJER Iaijutusu group at Big Green Drum dojo also send our deepest condolonces to the family, friends, and the dojo of the late Mr. Arno.
    Gary MacMullen
    MJER Jikishinkai
    Big Green Drum Japanese Martial Arts
    (Formerly Aikido of West Florida)

Mi ni tanoshimi o takamazu - Musashi
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Likes (received)

RIP. Sorry to hear that!
    We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular. Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula.

Likes (received)

My condolences to his family.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

While I have expressed my sadness elsewhere on the loss to his family, friends and the community-at-large, let me just add that - after viewing the picture above - I find I can still learn from Arno-san. Talk about a commanding chiburi posture...

Likes (received)

Default I am so sorry ...

I have nothing but good to say about Bill and he will be sorely missed. We spent a few hours, both in Costa Mesa and in Tucson this past spring, talking and laughing about our experiences in iai.

I am very saddened by this news and my sincere and heartfelt condolences are sent to both his family and his brothers at the Senpokan Dojo.

Brian Stokes

Likes (received)

Default Condolences...

Bsan has departed our lives, but not our thoughts and memories. Everytime I practice Iaido, I will hear his words and remember his love of this art. I can only offer you my profoundest sympathy and condolences for your loss.

Last edited by Ojiisan; 24th June 2005 at 15:47.
    Kim Willits
    Ojiisan