Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ant Kendo

Likes (received)

Default Ant Kendo

No need to thank me! Or curse me either. My 'best' record is a terrible 1 - 7

And yes, I realize it is not a bokken, but a bo.

Ant Kendo
    Respectfully
    Mark W. Swarthout, Shodan

Likes (received)

9-10

piet L
    Piet Loomans

Likes (received)

I found not moving to be a good strategy. Let your opponent come to you.

10-2
    E O'Brien.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. --Albert Einstein

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Friday
    I found not moving to be a good strategy. Let your opponent come to you.

10-2

Exactly. 10-2.

Perhaps Mr. O'Brien and I should consider this new form of Budo?
    Joost van Schijndel

Likes (received)

Yes, but we will have to add the word Koga to the title. It's not a proper Martial Art unless it has Koga in the title.
    E O'Brien.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. --Albert Einstein

Likes (received)

10-1

There's a funny thing in this game, you can't move and strike at the same time. You just have to wait for the opponent to take two steps, that is the striking distance and then perform high strike. Gets them every time. My one loss is just an accident, I might be able to get a clean win record but it got bored.
    Ville Penttilä

Internet is a vast liberal plot to destroy humanity and make the entire Earth blow up like a gigantic cake crammed full of homosexuals and foreigners

Likes (received)

Default Shitsurei shimasu

Quote Originally Posted by Oda
    10-1

There's a funny thing in this game, you can't move and strike at the same time. You just have to wait for the opponent to take two steps, that is the striking distance and then perform high strike. Gets them every time. My one loss is just an accident, I might be able to get a clean win record but it got bored.
    (slips out of zori, steps up onto mat and humbly performs zarei in front of the E-budo assembled masses)

Yes, that's been my experience as well--'cept I use a chudan strike (seems to me there are too many opportunities for you to leave an opening if you go for jodan or gedan). It took me a while before I figured out the proper ma-ai (am I using that term correctly?)

Play it safe and make the fellow come to you-not that there's anything wrong with taking the initiative.

Chris "boy, I hope this automatic signature thingy is configured correctly" Hodsdon
    Chris Hodsdon