Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Petition to change edit time

Likes (received)

Default Petition to change edit time

ARG!

It's not a big thing, but I hate the teeny-tiny edit window E-budo currently allows. Yes I am a fanatic about language and Yes sometimes it takes me more than thirty seconds to find that damned hyphen that should be there for a sentence to make sense (for me at least). So Please E-budo Gods Grant Us Five Whole Minutes With Which To Edit Our Posts!

(I don't think it needs to be as long as swordforum's edit window. Man I have come back 60 minutes after posting and erased the whole thing. That sort of thing just lends itself to chicken-balls.)

---
    edited to say: Man I am getting crude in my old age. By chicken-balls I merely mean the propensity to retreat and erase instead of standing by one's mistakes in print. I should've just edited that out...
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

Well, I would like a bit longer. I have, on a couple of occassions, spent some time editing a post, only to be unable to put it up because it took me so long!
    Respectfully
    Mark W. Swarthout, Shodan

Likes (received)

You could always type your post offline in Word or similar, and then copy and paste it. That's what I do on the rare occasions I have anything lengthy (or of consequence) to say.
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

signed no real comment to make but I feel times should be longer , yes abusing edit is possible , but I think there should instead be a limit to the amout of times you can edit rather than time limit

Likes (received)

Please leave it as it is. Along with the 'real name' rule, the editing timeout is the best weapon we have against trolls.

If you really want to retract or modify something you've posted, you can always post again on the same thread.
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

leave it..... we had some irritating issues before the 15 minute time limit was there.
    Rogier van der Peijl

REAL SCOTSMEN WEAR KILTS because sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards!

Originally posted by Cady Goldfield
    Ah, what a cutie, Rogier. I'll bet a lot of ladies in Netherlands are mourning because you are out of circulation now!

Likes (received)

Well if we want to stop trolls from rewriting their own history on e-budo, then maybe we should get rid of the 15 minutes so we do concentrate on what we are writing, and bring it down to 5.