Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tokitsu-ryu

Likes (received)

Default Tokitsu-ryu

Luis Fernández

Likes (received)

This should go to Baffling or Bad Budo.

Awful.

My interpretation: 2 months of Tai Chi class and a book on Ba Gua.
    John Connolly

Yamamoto Ha Fluffy Aiki Bunny Ryu

Likes (received)

Hoppi skippi ryu!
    Trevor Johnson

Low kicks and low puns a specialty.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Connolly
    This should go to Baffling or Bad Budo.

Awful.

My interpretation: 2 months of Tai Chi class and a book on Ba Gua.
    your interpretation is quite far from being correct.

That's a clip of juyi kata. Sensei Tokisu calls it "Dance of energy". He's showing some possible martial aplications.
    Of course is not and is not pretending to be some form or trying to fix in none IMA school "tradition".

It's surprising how some ppl give such strong opinions that lightly in internet. At least one should have done a search on th subject (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search) and read a couple of pages or two.

Another clip for Tokitsu's method this time about free sparring:
    http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...O1ECCUKPGLYPG4
    Luis Fernández

Likes (received)

This should be on baffling or bad budo...it's crap. Than again this is just my opinion but I watched the clips and still think it's crap. It doesn't look like it would work in a real fight againt someone trained in muay thai, bare knuckle/knockdown karate, boxing, etc. It definitely wouldn't work against a bjj player or a judo player..so why do it? Now it might work for someone taht is allready a skilled fighter in some other art(s) but wouldn't for someone that only trains in this style, enough said.
    Brian Culpepper

MarkF Guest

Folks, this thread will remain here for the time being. For starters, the topic poster/thread starter apparently trains in this modern combative so at least have the courtesy to do a bit of a search and come up with some facts. Perceived "crap" is not always crap.

BTW: Keep it civil, I really do not want to moderate, I would rather participate.

Thank you (Mod hat off),

Mark

Likes (received)

Sorry for being so harsh but it just doesn't seem too legit to me.
    Brian Culpepper

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by powerof0ne
    This should be on baffling or bad budo...it's crap. Than again this is just my opinion but I watched the clips and still think it's crap. It doesn't look like it would work in a real fight againt someone trained in muay thai, bare knuckle/knockdown karate, boxing, etc.
    Well here in spain a good bunch of pratitioners come from kyokushin backround and some from kickbocing and other contact sports.
    The thng WORKs and the fct that you thnk It doesn't just from watching some clips is just good news
    Luis Fernández

Likes (received)

Perhaps you didn't understand what I was saying..I don't think this MA would work for someone without a decent background in a more effective MA. I really don't think someone could apply this in self defense if this was the only MA they ever did..definitely not in competition.
    You telling me that you have some kyokushin practitioners and kickboxing practitioners that train in this just supports my theory.
    Brian Culpepper

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by powerof0ne
    You telling me that you have some kyokushin practitioners and kickboxing practitioners that train in this just supports my theory.
    I'm telling you we have some kyokushin practitioners and kickboxing practitioners that quitted form kyoku and kickboxing to train in this.
    Luis Fernández

Likes (received)

ACAMAC came from Spain too...

Chorus: "Hey Torquemada, whaddya say?"
    Torquemada: "Any new converts today?"
    Chorus: "Nay Nay Nay"
    Torquemada: "Send in the nuns!!"

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Luisan
    I'm telling you we have some kyokushin practitioners and kickboxing practitioners that quitted form kyoku and kickboxing to train in this.
    Hmm..if they quit doing there kyokushin and kickboxing training to study only this MA I'm in shock and don't know what to say. I don't really buy it but than again I could also tell you that I'm the master of my own MA and that I have students that quit there bjj, muay thai, mma, judo training to train under me without proof.
    I'm done commenting on this, it's gotten out of hand and will just keep escalating and yes I have some part in it but to each is own.
    Brian Culpepper

Troll Basher Guest

1) That's a clip of juyi kata. Sensei Tokisu calls it "Dance of energy". He's showing some possible martial aplications.
    2) Of course is not and is not pretending to be some form or trying to fix in none IMA school "tradition".
    1) No, it look’s more like he is trying to imitate a bagua practitioner….and doing a poor job of it.
    2) Then what are they pretending to be?

I watched the mpegs here: http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...LO1ECCUKPGLYPG4
    That’s what you call sparring? I like the way you wear head gear but just give light taps. Looks more like “tippy-tap crap” with a Halloween mask on. I would suggest a different type of head gear if you do finally decide to make hard contact…those clear plastic parts snap like tooth picks if you hit them hard. I experimented with them and they don’t last.

Yeah, I’ll bet. More like they couldn’t hack it in a real Kyokushin or kickboxing gym so they joined your group.
    Last edited by Troll Basher; 28th July 2005 at 03:36.

Troll Basher Guest

The thng WORKs and the fct that you thnk It doesn't just from watching some clips is just good news
    Well judging from the link that you posted of your people “sparring” it’s pretty obvious it doesn’t work well. You obviously posted that link because you thought it is a good representation of what you do. I really want to say to those guys sparring "could you bend over any farther and make it easier for me to hit you in the face???" I don't think so!!!
    I would say that “art” is about as “street effective” as Tae Bo
    Last edited by Troll Basher; 28th July 2005 at 03:35.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Basher
    Well judging from the link that you posted of your people “sparring” it’s pretty obvious it doesn’t work well. You obviously posted that link because you thought it is a good representation of what you do. I really want to say to those guys sparring "could you bend over any farther and make it easier for me to hit you in the face???" I don't think so!!!
    I would say that “art” is about as “street effective” as Tae Bo

sorry but your analysys is quite simple and lack the proper deep view.
    Luis Fernández

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast