Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tokitsu-ryu

Likes (received)

"Liuzan I would not want get into a disagreement with you. But pay before you come it not something I have ever come across before in Japan. We usually allow someone into the dojo to watch or participate a little"

sorry hyaku but I give him no credit. He's been trolling so strongly in this thread. No fact until it's proven.

Movent is related to an objetive. No one has to meve in certain way just for being japanese. Sensei Tokitsu moves quite different now from the way he did it 10 years ago. He's still japanese living in France.

For knowing about sensei Toktisu's concept of deplaceament iI suggest you read:
    http://www.tokitsu.com/fr/presentati...-du-corps.html

It's a five part article. I think you'll find some anwers there

Those text are only avaible in french language. I'll recommend you using a online translator like worldlingo in case you couldn't read french.

"Don't flame me! All in the interests of understanding Budo. Like others including Troll basher who has considerable experience of in Budo in Japan we are curious."
    I'm flaming no one... but there's a polite way of questioning or-and asking and a way that is not. It's as simple as that. I don't care how much experience he might have... what he don't have is an once of good manners and class.
    Luis Fernández

Likes (received)

Yes I read the text. It mentions what I have just said about deeply rooted tradition. The thing is if you are too bottom heavy you do lose power from the hara. Likewise you lose if you are top heavy. It first came home to me after ten kendo practices a week for a few years. The only way I could stop tiring and without tension was to "cut with the feet". It can take very litle physical effort to use a weapon. Let go of it and it will drop to the floor faster than you can move. I dont think the Japanese have anything too unique. They are just a lot of Isaac Newton's. We are stuch to this earth so we use its properties. None of us are going to sprout wings.

This is why Musashi advocated a natural way of walking. He did "body shifting" too.

It also the tradition that people come to Japan to find out about and practice hard for some years. Reading the rest it all seems to relate to a "new concept". Fine for some if you like that kind of thing. But I decided to make something up there would have been little point in coming to Japan.

The thing is its understandable some of us get a bit miffed when someone tells us that all that time, hard work and practice was all a waste of time and that some new concept is the way to go.

I had some of his students to teach for four days. There was so much hard tension I snapped one guys bokuto. The power was there make no mistake. But it was not in the tanden. This is one of the reasons I had asked as I wondered how they had arrived at this concept.

I do wish they would have asked me before they put up my review of his book on their home page. It already "had" a copyright.
    Hyakutake Colin

All the best techniques are taught by survivors.

http://www.hyoho.com

Troll Basher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Luisan
    You definitely lack the proper actitude and manners.
    And there it is folks…..as always when someone or some style on these threads is found to be less than what they claim or discrepancies are found that their spokesman cries “foul” and claims the other person is being “rude”.

The fact remains that the person I talked with on the phone wanted money to come and watch. GIANT RED FLAG there!
    To come and try a lesson I can see that…..but to just watch…..there is something suspiciously strange about that. I have never heard of a dojo in Japan, China or the US that asked you to pay just to watch.
    However, I have heard of religious cults that operate in the same way…..Aum Shinrikyu….

“Maybe you were talking to the wrong person”
    Nope, sure didn’t. I called 045-453-1122 which is the general number for the Asahi Culture Center in the Lumine Bldg where they have their classes on the 8th floor.
    The Asahi Culture Center is like a YMCA of sorts here in Japan that runs all different kinds of classes ranging from piano, ballet, shamisen, etc… They coordinate the classes for whatever group according to the groups criteria.
    The person I talked with said some “frog”…..er..um … I mean some French guy is the teacher.

So for 5 Jiseido classes lasting 90 minutes they want you to pay US$150.00.
    That has to be one of the most expensive dojo fees I have seen anywhere.

I would like to see how many suckers...er..um...customers....I mean "students" they get to pay that much.

Troll Basher Guest

Here is an interesting tokitsu ryu technique.

Likes (received)

"
    The person I talked with said some “frog”…..er..um … I mean some French guy is the teacher. "

oops

that's probably sensei Stoll. Is te student assinting sensei Tokitsu in the clip. Tokyo people are lucky. He's a good representation on Tokitsu-ryu. I can't and I don't want to discuss his fees there in Tokyo. But still you're talking !!!!. Relax, take it easy. If you manage to get in contact with sensei Stoll I'm sure all this mess will be cleared out in a satisfactory way for both sides.

frog? you call the french frog?
    tio eres un gilipollas.
    Luis Fernández

Troll Basher Guest

"
    1) I can't and I don't want to discuss his fees there in Tokyo. But still you're talking !!!!.
    2) Relax, take it easy.
    1) Really? Maybe you should call them and ask if you think I am talking ****
    2) That’s just it…..I am relaxed.

Likes (received)

Default befuddling budo

All I have to say is someone's a dancin'....Dancin...DANCIN' machine!
    Zachariah Zinn

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by ZachZinn
    All I have to say is someone's a dancin'....Dancin...DANCIN' machine!
    One of my seniors used to say that without commitment and a lot of thought, karate's just bad dancin'.
    Trevor Johnson

Low kicks and low puns a specialty.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Basher
    1) Really? Maybe you should call them and ask if you think I am talking ****
    2) That’s just it…..I am relaxed.
    Me? call them?
    I thought you were to pay them a visit. As I said before.. I don't really want to get involved. It's your own bussiness, keyboardwarrior, and it's you who started talking !!!! with no action to support your words.

Print the whole thread and handle it to sensei Stoll I'm sure that will open some doors...
    Luis Fernández

Troll Basher Guest

1) Me? call them?
    2) I thought you were to pay them a visit. As I said before.. I don't really want to get involved. It's your own bussiness, keyboardwarrior, and it's you who started talking !!!! with no action to support your words.

Print the whole thread and handle it to sensei Stoll I'm sure that will open some doors...
    1) You were the one that questioned me about it and doubted what I said so I gave you an option.
    2) I did pay them a visit. I was allowed to watch for 20 minutes, if I stayed longer they said I had to pay. I wasn’t allowed to speak with anyone since they were in the middle of training. Nor was I allowed to photograph their class…I asked. The Asahi Culture Center said it wasn’t allowed. I can understand that but I figured you being the way you are would want “proof” of some kind. Their training wasn’t that interesting, or impressive and looked just as bad as the mpegs.

As for being a ‘keyboardwarrior” well that’s your opinion. Maybe you can tell that to the guys I just sparred with tonight. If you are trying to insult me you will have to do much better than that.
    However, I am curious as to why someone would start a thread with just this and no comments:

Are we supposed to be in awe of this guy or something? I am most certainly not.

I have seen the mpeg, I have seen them train in person and wasn’t impressed with either…..I think this discussion is pretty much over at least for me it is.

Likes (received)

again print the thread and hand it to him.

When you were there watching him trainning did you tell him you have insulted him in public?

end of the thread for me too.

next itme try to support your insulting words with something solid, keyboard warriorr.
    Luis Fernández

Troll Basher Guest

again print the thread and hand it to him.

When you were there watching him trainning did you tell him you have insulted him in public?

end of the thread for me too.

next itme try to support your insulting words with something solid, keyboard warriorr.
    What can I say other than you make me laugh........

Likes (received)

What can I say other than you make me laugh........
    as we say over here: "quien rie el último rie mejor"

good luck
    Luis Fernández

Troll Basher Guest

So why would you post this with no comment other than "video clip:"?

Likes (received)

So why would you post this with no comment other than "video clip:"?
    what's wrong with that?
    Luis Fernández

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast