Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Harry Potter Returns

Likes (received)

its a saop book have read all 6 of then the last 2 in engels what is my 3th lang.
    The translator to dutch changed some names
    dumblmore to perkumentus
    siurs black to zwart .....
    he said the main probleme is that when he translate the first book he had no idea of the importence of black in latter story's

SPOILER

Is he realy dead or not ?
    Has he done it because he is evil or because the vow?
    Piet Loomans

Likes (received)

It doesn't matter as adults if we like the HP books or not. What matters is that J. K. Rowling has gotten a generation that would rather play x-box or the like to actually sit down and READ! This is what is truly amazing about these books. And due to her success, books like Lemony Snickets and the such have started to fly off the shelves.

I personally love the books and have devoured each one in very short time. It is nice to sit down and read something that is not so deep that I have to contemplate it for a while before I 'get it'.

Kudos to J. K. for getting kids reading again!
    Susie Forbes
    Alabama Shorinji Kempo

Likes (received)

Susie,

One hundred percent behind that! It really boggles my mind to realize the effect that this one woman has had on our world and an entire generation. It will truly have an effect on the world, though being able to fully measure it is impossible.

Think about it. Her books will probably have a larger affect on this generation than any other item, movie, song or event! There is an group of kids that can be referred to as the Potter Generation!
    Respectfully
    Mark W. Swarthout, Shodan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2