Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Want to Buy: Kozure Ookami Manga

Likes (received)

Default Want to Buy: Kozure Ookami Manga

I have been looking for parts or all of the Kozure Ookami (Lone Wolf and Cub) manga series, but have been unable to locate any through English-based websites. I am interested only in the Japanese language versions. If anybody here has them for sale or could direct me to the appropriate location I would appreciate it. Thank you.

-Eric
    無雙直傳英信流・日本古武道居合研究会 - Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu ・ Nihon Kobudo Iai Kenkyukai
    東京蘆洲会 - Tokyo Roshukai

Mekugi Guest

There are many incarnations of this series. Ranging from the spots in comic magazines in the '70's up until the recent graphic novels which are sold in news stands. Tell me which ones you are interested in and I can get them for you.

-Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Spinelli
    I have been looking for parts or all of the Kozure Ookami (Lone Wolf and Cub) manga series, but have been unable to locate any through English-based websites. I am interested only in the Japanese language versions. If anybody here has them for sale or could direct me to the appropriate location I would appreciate it. Thank you.

-Eric

Likes (received)

Default I have one

I have one of the newer graphic novel versions, Volume one, if your interested. I was thinking of collecting them myself, but more pressing financial matters has overridden that idea.
    Gary MacMullen
    MJER Jikishinkai
    Big Green Drum Japanese Martial Arts
    (Formerly Aikido of West Florida)

Mi ni tanoshimi o takamazu - Musashi
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Likes (received)

While it makes sense, I was unaware of the quantity of variations and reprints available. Are the majority of these versions by the original artists/authors or are they simply adaptations? I'm not terribly concerned about collectibles and vintage pressings, but the original artwork would be prefered. Thank you for the information so far.

-Eric
    無雙直傳英信流・日本古武道居合研究会 - Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu ・ Nihon Kobudo Iai Kenkyukai
    東京蘆洲会 - Tokyo Roshukai

Likes (received)

The ones that are being printed in the States right now in graphic novel form are being put out by Dark Horse comics. I also have on of the original comic book versions, but that one I'm keeping since it was a personal gift from a friend and my original introduction to Lone Wolf and Cub. Anyways, that one was also printed/released by Dark Horse. The local comic place in town has the whole series of the graphic novel printing, and they go for about $10 each. Each volume is an amalgamation of two or three of the original comics put into a book format.
    Gary MacMullen
    MJER Jikishinkai
    Big Green Drum Japanese Martial Arts
    (Formerly Aikido of West Florida)

Mi ni tanoshimi o takamazu - Musashi
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat