Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Too Wide

Likes (received)

Default Too Wide

I have a bit of a challenge with the width on the editing window, as well as the page bar. They extend off screen to the right, requiring me to scroll over to the right to get to some things. On a big thread, such as the Rogues Gallery thread, I have a long scroll right.

Anyone else see this? Is there a setting I need to change someplace?

Thanks for any help!
    Respectfully
    Mark W. Swarthout, Shodan

Likes (received)

No, that isn't the problem.

As I write this response, the gray edit area labeled Message is wider then the light blue behind it, overlapping the box edges and putting the Close Tag boxes of screen to the right. The Post Icons box also extends off to the right.

The increase Size options change the height up and down, but not the width. Maybe I'll try and capture a screen print and post it.
    Respectfully

Likes (received)

The reason why one gets scroll lists on the page you type messages is right now is because of broken smilie images.

Some of the old smilies have not been uploaded again after the upgrade to the 3.0 version. But the old smilies are listed and named so since the image is broken it shows the "red X" (if using IE) and the alt text makes the smilie field expand (the text is much wider than the image would have been).

Some other pages, forums and threads that have many pages will also get a horisontal scroll list because of a setting on how many links to other pages that one wants to show.

This is easily fixed (if you have admin rights ).

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

Likes (received)

Thanks, Mark! Just knowing that it is not just my machine/browser/monitor/settings is comforting!
    Respectfully