Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi everybody ^_^!

Likes (received)

Default Hi everybody ^_^!

Hello to everyone,

I'm a Korean man and Aikido Yudansha, writing from Rome, Italy. I'm very glad to be here. I hope to make a lot of Kiodai, Sempai e kohai in this Aikido's forum section! And especially hope to learn more about our Art.
    I'd like to write something about me so you my new friends know something about me ^_^
    I follow the teachings of Saito Hitohiro Kaicho Sensei, and my Sensei is Alessandro Tittarelli of the Iwama ShinShin Aikishurenkai. But i also have a long Aikikai past due to the fact that i've followed the teachings of Tada Shihan Sensei, Tamura Shihan Sensei and Abe Shihan Sensei. I'm also a Doctor in Modern History O_O eheheh.
    Be patient for my English: i'm not so used in writing it!

Domo Arigato to everyone!

And many Aiki cheers!

Sung Gyun

Likes (received)

Hi Sang-gyun,

Glad to see a Korean here - as I do Aikido in Korea.

Cheers,

Rupert Atkinson

Likes (received)

Hi to you Rupert!

It's nice to meet an Aikidoka from my country ^_^

Sung Gyun
    Cho Sung Gyun

Kankukan Ryu Aikido
    Oriental Modern History Ph.D Student

MarkF Guest

Cheers back at ya, Sung-gyun. You have a sunny disposition and are most welcome at E-budo.com.

Mark

Likes (received)

Thanks a lot Mark ^_^

I'm really glad to be here even if my english is not so clear eheh ^_^

Aiki greetings

Sung Gyun
    Cho Sung Gyun

Kankukan Ryu Aikido

Likes (received)

To Sung Gyun Cho

Hello,

Welcome to the E-Budo forum.

How long have you been living in Italy? Did you go there specifically to practise aikido? If so, why Italy?

I am now in my 26th year in Hiroshima and I have just returned home from training in the dojo.

Best wishes,
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

To Professor Goldsbury ^_^

Thank you for your welcome ^_^. I'm glad to meet you!
    I lived in Italy 23 years (not all consecutively)(the rest i've been in South Korea): the reason that brought me here at Rome were the music study of my father. Nowdays i'm the one who's studying ^_^.
    Italian Aikido world is well organizzed between the many schools and associations born inside Italy but unfortunatly there are many bad feelings between many schools and between many students, (Sempai or Kohai or Kiodai). And don't know why they "fight" so much, probably to much pride, but it's certain that if they were the totality of the italian aikidoka, they should have killed our art soon before (remember that this problems are in every sector of the martial arts practiced in Italy, such as Karate and Judo
    -_-). I hope people could return to be only brothers in the practice.
    In my case i've been very lucky to find a very good and awesome sensei in Italy whose humility reminds me that Aikido could be and must be practiced with respect and joy (technically imho he's one of the best Aikido sensei in Italy and many other aikidokas say the same thing, but this is another story ehehhe ^_^). I'm honored of being his student ^_^.
    Someday i'd like to go in Japan, to live as an Uchideshi at Iwama: i've a great respect (as everybody in our school does) of the Kaicho Sensei, Saito Hitohiro. As soon as my studies in Shin Shin Aikido progress and i finish my master course in modern history, maybe i can go to watch the Aikido practiced in Japan ^_^
    I hope even to watch the Aikido practiced in the United States eheh ^_^

Aiki greetings

Sung Gyun
    Cho Sung Gyun

Kankukan Ryu Aikido

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Gyun Cho
    To Professor Goldsbury ^_^

Thank you for your welcome ^_^. I'm glad to meet you!
    I lived in Italy 23 years (not all consecutively)(the rest i've been in South Korea): the reason that brought me here at Rome were the music study of my father. Nowdays i'm the one who's studying ^_^.
    Your profile gives your age as around 30, so you must have started living in Italy at a very young age. Did this make learning Italian easier or difficult? Since I learned Latin for many years, I can read Italian. (But not very well. The novels of Umberto Eco are very difficult.)

Italian Aikido world is well organizzed between the many schools and associations born inside Italy but unfortunatly there are many bad feelings between many schools and between many students, (Sempai or Kohai or Kiodai). And don't know why they "fight" so much, probably to much pride, but it's certain that if they were the totality of the italian aikidoka, they should have killed our art soon before (remember that this problems are in every sector of the martial arts practiced in Italy, such as Karate and Judo -_-). I hope people could return to be only brothers in the practice.
    I think the reasons are quite complex and have to do with the way Japanese organizations are structured. Even a simple organization like a dojo, with a Master and students, is no exceprtion here. The same situation exists in other Japanese organizations, outside the martial arts. I have some experience of aikido in Italy (not related to Iwama), since I occasionally particpated in Summer Schools held in Coverciano with Tada Sensei. He also comes to Hiroshima regularly, so I know him quite well.

In my case i've been very lucky to find a very good and awesome sensei in Italy whose humility reminds me that Aikido could be and must be practiced with respect and joy (technically imho he's one of the best Aikido sensei in Italy and many other aikidokas say the same thing, but this is another story ehehhe ^_^). I'm honored of being his student ^_^.
    Good. Finding a good teacher is half the battle (probably a lot more than half).

Someday i'd like to go in Japan, to live as an Uchideshi at Iwama: i've a great respect (as everybody in our school does) of the Kaicho Sensei, Saito Hitohiro. As soon as my studies in Shin Shin Aikido progress and i finish my master course in modern history, maybe i can go to watch the Aikido practiced in Japan ^_^
    I have never lived in Iwama, but have participated in courses given by Saito Morihiro Sensei.

I hope even to watch the Aikido practiced in the United States eheh ^_^

Aiki greetings

Sung Gyun
    And to you, too
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Dear Professor Goldsbury ^_^

Let me answer you in this way ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by P Goldsbury
    Your profile gives your age as around 30, so you must have started living in Italy at a very young age. Did this make learning Italian easier or difficult? Since I learned Latin for many years, I can read Italian. (But not very well. The novels of Umberto Eco are very difficult.)
    Yes i've started studing Aikido at a young age (circa 16 years ago) under the direction of Tamburelli So Hombu Aikikai sensei, who was one of the first italian students of Tada Shihan sensei. Since that time i've done many different paths that brought me to study the Iwama Shinshin Aikido "style". But i'm honored to be still in good relationship with Tamburelli sensei ^_^.
    About italian language: i should say that practicing Aikido it helped a lot to learn this language. The best thing is always read a lot. Latin is very similar to italian but when the latin language became italian low medieval language, it took many different passes. But in Italy, who knows well latin, is still thought to be a man of great literacy ^_^.
    I think tha even italians think that Umberto Eco is difficult to understand eheh ^_^

I think the reasons are quite complex and have to do with the way Japanese organizations are structured. Even a simple organization like a dojo, with a Master and students, is no exceprtion here. The same situation exists in other Japanese organizations, outside the martial arts. I have some experience of aikido in Italy (not related to Iwama), since I occasionally particpated in Summer Schools held in Coverciano with Tada Sensei. He also comes to Hiroshima regularly, so I know him quite well.
    Probably you're right. As we say in Korea, where there is someone, sometimes it becomes a problem eheh. I'm glad you've been in Italy: it's a strange place but it's really beautiful with lot of beautiful people. Sometimes i think that i'm really lucky to be here (while in others a don't eheheh but it's another story ^_^). Tada Shihan Sensei is really respected here in Italy. Many aikidoka's value him to be the best Sensei in the world eheh ^_^

Good. Finding a good teacher is half the battle (probably a lot more than half).
    Yes, i think the same thing ^_^

I have never lived in Iwama, but have participated in courses given by Saito Morihiro Sensei.
    People say that Iwama experience is a very interesting experience to be lived. I exteem a lot our Kaicho Sensei (Saito Hitohiro Kaicho Sensei) so i would be glad to go there and practice under his direct teaching ^^

Really nice aiki greetings

Sung Gyun
    Cho Sung Gyun

Kankukan Ryu Aikido

Likes (received)

Hello sir, I am a very early beginner in Aikido and to this board but I wanted to say 'hi' all the same because I think the attitude you project is really nice and a very good change of pace from what is so often encountered on the internet.

Thanks!
    Paul Major
    gokyu in Aikikai (Hombu) Aikido, under Rev. Furuya Sensei at the Aikido Center of Los Angeles.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by paul major
    Hello sir, I am a very early beginner in Aikido and to this board but I wanted to say 'hi' all the same because I think the attitude you project is really nice and a very good change of pace from what is so often encountered on the internet.

Thanks!
    Thank you so much for your kind words!
    Domo Arigato Gosai mass!!

Aiki greetings ^_^

Sung Gyun
    Cho Sung Gyun

Kankukan Ryu Aikido