Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flood of ninja wannabes

Likes (received)

Default Flood of ninja wannabes

Unfortunately the best anime ever, naruto, is coming to america in 10 days and being watered down and ruined by cartoon network. i know theres a few fans here, but i have a feeling e-budo and any ninjutsu dojo out there are going to be flooded by kids and impressionable teens who want to be ninja. it's going to be the ninja boom again. how are the instructors out there going to deal with the new boom
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo
    Owner www.korisuya.com Ninjutsu tools

Likes (received)

Actually,

I would whip out my ninja sock, hit them over the noggin and say "Ninja don't play that!", just kiddin' I had too.

I guess I need to read up on this one. How old is this anime and why do you think it's going to be this big? I read the description on Cartoon Network but I couldn't get much out of it. Got any good links?

It hasn't hit Germany in a big way as far as I know at the moment. Take care!
    ----------------------

Regards,

Lee R

http://www.bujinkanseitakudojo.com/

Likes (received)

episode 150 was just on yestrday so about 3 years old but the manga has been around since 2001 i think. the show is huge in japan the two movies both went to number one and cartoon network is shelling out 6figures for each episode and already has contracted a bunch of stores to sell the merchandise so it's going to get huge in america and canada. http://www.narutofan.com has a lot of info
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo

Likes (received)

Well, the problem with Naruto is:

Untill now, Naruto was only known to animé fans. It wasn't broadcasted before, lest be in Germany (nor in Belgium or the Netherlands).
    Now it WILL be shown on cartoon networks in the States, apparantly, which I indeed believe will cause a new tiny ninjer wave with tiny ninjers who even don't have reached pubity, causing major annoyances on forums like this very one.

Questions like "how can I become a Ninja? " or "Ninjas are teh r0><><><><><0rZ in the b0><><><><><0rZ and über 1337!!!! They are cool and kick a$$ big time!" and the likes might indeed be occurring quite frequently.

BTW: be prepared for hordes of kiddies flooding the local Bujinkan-, Genbukan- and Jinenkan-Dōjō as well.

AND be assured that there is a realistic chance the "real ninjer masters" like Ashida Kim, Ron Duncan, Frank Dux and Rick Tew will gain large foot again on the accounts of the unknowing youngsters.

It's a bitter sad world!
    Achim Steigert
    Bujinkan Te-Nage Dōjō
    Bujinkan Budō Taijutsu
    Shodan - translated: beginners grade

Likes (received)

Default Darn...

And here I was hoping that it was going to be Super Jetter Mirai Kara Kita Shonen ("Super Jetter, the Boy From the Future").
    George Jetter
    Louisville, KY
    www.yoshindojo.com

Likes (received)

Lee,
    How's everything on that side of the world?

My son has been reading Naruto for a while...he already thinks he's a ninja
    Respectfully,
    Tony Casella

Likes (received)

There is no plans to broadcast Naturo on Toonami or the Cartoon Network in the UK. Mostly One Piece, Teen Titans and Pokemon are the main stay. Mostly kids are wanting Anime like the Big O here, Gundam Wing ETC, so Naturo is not on the playlist as of yet.

Likes (received)

Over here "Naruto" really isn't seen as a "Ninja" thing...It's seen by the kids here as cool yeah, but not really Ninja stuff, aside from the fact that Naruto is meant to be one...If you mention Ninpo here the kids reference it with the movie "Nin-Nin" which came out a while back first..Not Naruto..They prefer Shingo as a shadowy man in black I guess.
    Nin-Nin as a reference actually has me laughing...But I don't know whether the film made it out beyond Japan...I would hope not..
    Regards.
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

maybe while they cut/dub/molest the original series they will change the "ninja" to hero like they did with teenage hero mutant turtles

Likes (received)

theres going to be a lot more ninja anime in america nickeodeon has a show called shuriken school in production, funimation bought basilisk koka ninpcho and is releasing that soon and i heard cn was looking at recca no hono
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo

Likes (received)

Default re:naruto

tough luck guys...

here in the philippines, naruto is BIG. i really mean BIG.

hawkers make a fortune selling collectibles. kids, from kinder to college imitate the various "mudras" found in the show. now even fire-eating and -blowing is considered "ninjutsu". once you got that headgear and wear it: you're "ninjer". they plan on doing shoten no jutsu by focusing 'chakra in their feet'. dangerous if you ask me.

sadly, none of them have ever heard of the x-kans; they tend to try those "chakra-cultivating arts".

oh, when will my reassignment come..?

p.s. be thankful they haven't heard of real ultimate power !!!
    Griff Lockfield

"To bear what you think you cannot bear is truly to bear"
    - BUSHIDO by Inazo Nitobe

Likes (received)

I don't practise ninpo, but I do practise Aikido and Iaido and that seems to have made anime like Samurai Champloo a lot more interesting. Perhaps it works the opposite to what we're suggesting, that if you think ninja are 'cool' then you will be attracted to those anime? Just a thought.

Also, consider that Jeet Kune Do never suffered for Bruce Lee movies exploding Kung Fu into the mainstream. Or perhaps it did? Just a thought. If only they could get an Aikido boom going...
    Current notion: How would you define a 'skinny drink'?

-Stephen Lewin

Likes (received)

yea but bruce lee made jkd after he made movies, and from running a martial arts group and chatroom on yahoo most of the people who study jkd want to be bruce lee it's pretty sad. and it will be the same with the kids who watch this show
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo

Likes (received)

Well, as soon as they find out that being a "Ninja" isn't about "flipping out and killing people", most people will drop out of training. I expect that soon in my many altercations while working at the hospital I am going to come across some drunk teen who is going to say that he is a "Ninja Master" and he is goint to fight me, and I'll have to show him some real Ninjustu and drop him on the floor Oh well, these fads come and go pretty quickly.
    Richard Hays
    Santa Barbara CA, USA

The way of the Ninja is the way of enduring, surviving, and prevailing over all that would destroy one. ~Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi~

Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home, everyone is glad I am there. ~Dr. Robert L. Humphrey~

GreenDestiny Guest

it would be annoying, i havent seen that happen where i am,but i would feel it would be a waste of time for them to join and then after a week quit because they didnt learn any "magical energy beams" or learn to jump 5 storys.......sad really..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast