Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Women's dogi

Likes (received)

Default Women's dogi

Hi,

Here is a question concerning my gf who is taking aikibudo with me. She would like to hear from the last two or three female e-budo posters if they have any thoughts about "women's fitted dogi." For example, Bujin design sells one: here. She needs a heavy-weight jacket, though. Has anyone tried this or any other dogi fitted for the female form? If you have a suggestion from another store, please recommend.

Thanks,
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

I never bothered with a fitted gi top. The problem was the top / pants issue - If I bought a full gi, either the top was too big (orangutang arms) or the pants didn't fit ( not a hipless wonder). Lots of locker-room trades going on...

I like Bu-jin's pants - they seem to cut them for people with hips, and sell them separately from the tops.

mew
    Margaret Welsh

"It's more fun when they do it to themselves." Barbara Hambly

Likes (received)

Thank you very much.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

Default Re: Women's dogi Anshin gi

Concerning "Women's dogi"

Greetings,

I am Mark Mirski and I stitch Anshin Martial Arts Attire garments.

Anshin gi pants have a generous waste and hip allowance.

Though the jackets and pants are generous and allow for freedom of movement they tend to remain modestly closed on either gender.

These dogi are #12 100% cotton for wicking away moisture.

Respectfully,

Mark Mirski
    http://www.anshinart.com

Likes (received)

Default re: Women's dogi Anshin #2 reply

Mark Mirski of Anshin here again

Concerning fitting a person properly, Anshin Martial Arts Attire encourages mixing different jacket and pant styles and sizes to arrive at a satisfying fit.

I neglected to include this information in my previous post.

Respectfully,

Likes (received)

Default Womens-fit dogis in the UK

Hello ladies, a new question for an old thread...

I would like to ask if anyone has found a supplier in the UK that sells tops and pants seperately? At my dojo, we use heavyweight Karate Dogis when we're not wearing our official Shorinji Kempo dogis -it's nice to save them for good wear (seminars, gradings, etc)

My most recent dogi (size-150 Master) are so tight on my knees that I can't hardly kick in them. Defeats the purpose of doing a martial art But if I had bought the next size up, they would have require me to grow an extra 6 inches in height Hands up how many others there are out there with this problem!?

Any suggestions would be grateful!

Arigato

Niamh
    Southampton University Shorinji Kempo Dojo

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by niamh17 View Post
    ...if I had bought the next size up, they would have require me to grow an extra 6 inches in height
    I'm not in the UK, so I can't answer the specific question, but many of my "altitude challenged" friends buy the next size up and then re-hem them.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Default custom gi tops

Hi all

I am not in the UK but do ship my custom gi tops to folks there with payment via Paypal.

I do custom dogi tops from all hemp or hemp-recycled poly blend fabrics and can add shaping darts for women. My usual top is judo-style, and I do the shaping on the lower "skirt" section of the jacket (I wear these myself and love them) but I have and could do more karate-style akin to the old Bujin womens gi top. My price is $150US
    http://www.zanshinart.com/Sewing/hempgi.html

Bujin, by the way, is back via partnership with a European company; they don't yet have the womens gi top but I bet they will soon!
    http://www.aikido24.com/aikido/keiko...ash=912ea1fc7d