Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Suppliers

HISTORIAN Guest

Default Suppliers

What are the best sources on the web for weapons, specifically tonfa and nunchaku? I am looking for quality wood at a reasonable price.

Kevin Allen

Bill Gallant Guest

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by HISTORIAN
    What are the best sources on the web for weapons, specifically tonfa and nunchaku? I am looking for quality wood at a reasonable price.

Kevin Allen
    http://www.crane-mountain.com/ This company makes custom made weapons, you can give them just the specifications you want and they will get it for you (lenght, width, kind of wood etc). Just send them an e-mail and they will make an estimate of the costs. On the downside it sometimes takes a long time for them to make the weapons. I have there heavy duty tonfa and I love it, they also makes good nunchaku and beutifull tough eiku. There staffs are also nice. Well thats the weapons from them I have used, I think though that there other weapons is also good. And considering all options the prices arent very high either.

http://www.weaponsconnection.com/ I have sai and tonfa from Carbone, and both of these are great. I did also buy one of his nunchaku made as a horse bridle but I found that a bit difficult to work with.

And let us not forget Donald Shapland who also makes weapons, especially his Timbe is very good. I dont think he has a site up yet though. But he also makes rochin, tonfa, kama and nunchaku.
    Patrik Weitko

Likes (received)

Joe Stitz

"Black belt and white belt are the same, white belt is the beginning of technique. Black belt is the beginning of understanding. Both are beginner belts."
    - Doug Perry -Hanshi, KuDan -Shorin Ryu ShorinKan

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by E.elemental
    And let us not forget Donald Shapland who also makes weapons, especially his Timbe is very good. I dont think he has a site up yet though. But he also makes rochin, tonfa, kama and nunchaku.
    Yes I have a couple of his Tinbe and they have come a long way since his first one that he made as a prototype. I have it here in Japan. He had made it tripple thick by the end so that we could use it for yaksoku kumite and I have had to patch the handle back on once. The last one he sent me is very beautiful with some nice shodo in gold paint on the shield. It looks so real I had to convince a lady that she not worry about the poor fiberglass that had to die for me to get it as it was free range fiberglass and had lived a humane life. I think you can still reach Don at kobudon@hotmail.com.
    Last edited by TimJurgens; 8th October 2005 at 10:42.
    Yours in budo.